Fangirl - George

You had overheard your younger sister talk constantly of a band she'd recently become obsessed with. She wouldn't let it go how much she was a fan and was constantly pressing both you and your parents for concert tickets. You decided to cave when Christmas rolled around, treating her to concert tickets followed by a meet and great. She was ecstatic, she couldn't believe it, and you were happy that she was excited.

The time had come for you to drive both of you up to London for their show. It had come around quickly, and soon enough you found yourselves queueing to get in. Of course you had booked standing tickets, and your sister had wanted to get as far forward as possible, so you were there really early.

After what felt like years of waiting and waiting, you were let in. Floods of teenage girls filled the floor as the time got nearer, you almost felt dread as you saw how many young girls were packed together to lust after the band.

You hadn't really heard of The 1975 before, you knew the name but couldn't think of any songs. You didn't think they'd be your style, you and your sister had completely different music tastes, but you were still happy that she was able to see her favourite band.

Miraculously the pair of you made it to the barrier with no casualties from surrounding fans. The support acts were bands you also hadn't heard of but they seemed to also be popular with the crowd.

You had to admit the atmosphere felt very positive and excited, everyone waiting for the band to start whilst all you could think about was how much your legs were aching. You'd been here extremely early and it was taking it's toll on your body.

Once the music started, however, you forgot about your worries and allowed yourself to enjoy the atmosphere in the arena. The songs were actually more to your taste than you had anticipated, and the lighting of the set had you mesmerised.

The concert overall was a lot better than you'd expected and you loved watching your sister in her element.

You had forgotten about the entire meet and great until your sister dragged you into the long queue of teenagers pressed against the back of the building.

It took forever. The queue didn't start moving for an hour after you arrived and you were right at the back. Your sister had been chatting to the girls in front whilst you stood there, unable to relate to their fangirl chat.

Finally the time came where she could meet them. Before you stood the four men that you had previously watched on stage looking very tired, probably due to the busy show and long meet and great.

Your sister excitedly ran up to them, singing their praises and hugging them quickly. You stand back and let her chat to them whilst you examine the people in front of you.

A short man, probably shorter than you, seems to take the lead with the conversation. He has dark curly hair, his many tattoos on show through his top. He's wearing makeup and suits it well.

Next to him stands a tall, skinny man who gives your sister a quick hug and speaks softly. His eyes are decorated with red eyeshadow and he seems nervous now off stage.

Another tall man stands beside him, with dark hair and a matching dark beard. He seems kind, more chatty than the previous man. He's well dressed, his arms dotted with some large tattoos.

You look at the last one. He's the tallest, dressed in a colourful suit and looks very tired. Despite this, he welcomes your sister in a big hug and asks her about the concert. His hair is long and curly, you see his hands contain tattoos too. He smiles widely at her when she compliments his drumming before she turns round and hands her phone to you.

As she does this the boys seem to take notice of you for the first time. You suddenly feel conscious as they all look at you and you try to ignore it.

'Ready?' You ask her.

She nods in response and you click a couple of pictures as they all smile.

'All done.' You smile as she breaks away from them.

She thanks them again as you grab her things to get ready to leave.

'Do you not want a picture or anything?' The small one asks as you walk towards the door.

You turn round, not sure if it was aimed at you. All of them staring at you, however, indicates that it was.

'Oh, I'm okay. I'm only here to chaperone my sister. Thank you for the concert though, you guys are really good!' You reply.

'Are you sure?' The dark haired boy persists.

'I can take a picture if you want.' Your sister says.

'Fuck it, why not.' You reply laughing as you walk back towards them.

You smile as your photo is taken and thank them again before heading back towards the door.

As you go to leave you hear footsteps coming quickly behind you. You turn around and see the curly haired drummer approaching you.

'Hey.' You smile as he slows down.

'Hi.' He replies. 'I'm George, sorry I didn't introduce myself properly.'

'Y/N.' You say as you put at your hand.

He laughs as he shakes it in response.

'I never normally do this, especially with fans but I don't want to not give it a try.' He begins.

'Okay well I'm not a fan, but continue.' You laugh as you cut him off.

'My mistake. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get your number? Take you out maybe?' He asks.

You're surprised, to say the least. You didn't expect any of them to take any interest in you, or even notice you. But you were stood here being asked out by someone who your sister had crushed on for years, and you still hadn't given him an answer.

Your sister nudges you and you turn around to see her smiling and nodding at you, as if to give permission.

You snap back towards George.

'Yes.' You reply. 'That'd be great.'

He lets out a deep breath to signify his relief and grabs his phone to let you put your number in.

'Awesome. I'll text you.' He replies.

'George, mate, we have to go, we have a flight to catch in two hours.' You hear from behind him.

He looks up at you.

'That's my cue.' He states before giving you a quick hug and leaving back towards the way he came.

As you walk towards the car your sister can't contain her excitement and rambles to her friend on FaceTime how you had bagged a date with The George Daniel.

You smile down at your phone as his message comes through almost immediately.

'So, when can I see you?'