Chapter 21

It is with an awed expression that Leo watches as ice forms delicate strands, folding into themselves and curving to create beautiful ice statues. Big brother was focusing and still was even as mother's magma started intertwining themself with the ice and creating the most beautiful thing ever. Well, not the most beautiful thing ever, but you get the idea!

Leo looked down at his water and scowled, dissipating it.

Magic users were rare, amazingly so. If one were to take a hundred people, perhaps only one would be able to use magic.

Variant magic users on the other hand, the number of them alive on this continent could be counted using the fingers on his hands. Mother had a variant earth magic, magma or lava. Big brother had a variant water magic, ice.

The Ignis kingdom was famous for their fire magic users and the variant fire magic that appeared only in their royal family every generation, the hellfire variant. It was even said that the hellfire variant couldn't be wielded by two people at a time, it was that dangerous. Unfortunately for them, the hellfire variant has not appeared in two whole generations.

Some more famous variants were the earth variant sand, wind variant hurricane and light variant darkness.

Mother and big brother would made a huge force to reckon with if they were in a battlefield. It wasn't enough that variant magic users were so f*cking strong you could rate a kingdom by how many they had, these two were mother and son and trained together very often, meaning that they knew each other's habits and fighting style quite well.

Leo, too, was good at coordinating with them. It was just that, his water was just that.

He won't give up hope on becoming just as awe-inspiring as his brother, however. Not when his brother trusted him.

(Not when during the time he laid out his worries to his brother about it and got the response of a hand ruffling his hair and a smile he knew only came out to those his brother loved, words that were still engraved in his mind.

"My ice won't be able to stay ice for too long, at that time, wouldn't your water be able to save me? You have my back and I have your back, mother said that this is what it means to love. To be family."

Yes, he would work until he could stand alongside his brother and mother. In the meantime?

Being pampered as the baby of the family was really nice~!)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Through the class ripples a silence. Everyone stared at the person at the door before deciding to either go back to the conversations they were having before interrupted or talking in hushed whispers about the person at the door and was walking with her head held high to her seat...

Allan Vallenrett, the duke's son, sighed and turned back to Elroy Estcard, the son of a general, and was about to continue their previous discussion on the imperial guard tactic against the spearhead tactic when he realized that the transfer student was walking towards them.

Ugghh.

Elroy noticed it too and his brows furrowed, lips thinning, a vague expression that revealed his disgust and disdain of Lily looking like curiosity and mild annoyance at being interrupted to other people. Allan made sure to have his benign smile on as Lily rudely took the chair of the baron's son in front of Allan's own seat and sat down.

Atrocious. She made such an atrocious mockery of noble and even royal bearing that had Leonard still been in the same class, he would have very pointedly scooted closer to one of the lieutenants' daughter. That, he had no doubt of.

She smiled that disgusting, arrogant, ugly smile of hers and the look in her eyes made him want to leave and ask his father to immediately arrange an engagement between himself and someone else. From the looks of it, Elroy was about to do the same. Allan wondered, briefly, if it would be allowed for the two of them to announce being homosexual and in love with each other. Would that get the bi—Young Miss Lovell to stay away from them? Allan was that willing to try.

"Allan!" Who gave her the right to call his name? Who died and gave her the right?! "Elroy! Its nice to see the two of you!"

Elroy was starting to look horribly uncomfortable, not that anyone would notice with that pokerface of his, as he shifted. The general's son nodded, "It is nice to see you too."

Allan kept the smile plastered on. "It truly is a pleasure to see Young Miss Lovell. I assume your holidays went well and you are fully rested?"

She smiled the other smile she had, knowing and ridiculously arrogant. Allan twitched and gripped onto Elroy's hand for assurance. Elroy himself shuddered unnoticeably and squeezed back. "Of course! Hey, can you tell me what's going on? I don't see Leo anywhere!"

Allan narrowed his eyes but continued to smile. It would not do to reveal such a confidential matter to this girl.

"Why, second prince must have called in sick or is being trained by the queen with his older brother again," not quite a lie. Lily nodded and went back to her seat, a skip in her step.

Elroy refused to let go of his hand.

(It was nice.)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

It had come as no surprise to Gabriela, the queen, that after some events and Leo being unable to stop talking about his sister-in-law, that Chris would ask permission to go off of palace grounds and see his beloved.

And so here she was, in front of the door to the throne room, getting angry about the fact that she could hear things that the king and his advisor were doing in there.

Did they have no shame?! To do it in such a public place—and so luodly at that!

She decided to steel her heart and pray for what her eyes were about to see and slammed open the doors, watching in amusement and anger (and faint heartache) as the king, Gregory, immediately wrapped his red cape around the two naked bodies.

The things she does for her child. Really.

"My king," there is a sarcasm lining the greeting. "I would like to ask for permission for the crown prince—"

"Yes! Your f*cking permitted now get out!"

Gabriela scoffed and turned on her heel to leave the room, gown fluttering along side her strides.

She did not close the door.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Do not expect me to have such an update speed all the time. You will be disappointed.

I just realized that there's no Rey in this chapter...

Words: 1134