(46)

Song Above: Best Part HER

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Close your eyes,"

"My eyes are closed," I sighed, the impatience getting the better of me.

I'd been stood with my eyes closed for the past fifteen minutes, whilst I waited for him to run back to the house. I had no idea what he had planned, but to say I was nervous was an understatement. For all, I knew I could open my eyes and he could sucker punch me in the face and say "Haha, you thought this was all real,"

I really need to get some medication for my paranoia.

"You aren't peeking are you?"

"No, I'm not peeking." I shifted in my stance, I really needed to pee, "Hurry up Brody,"

"I am hurrying, this just took longer than I expected," I heard some noises and what sounded like paper being torn in a struggle, "Bloody hell, how thick is this?"

I cocked a brow. I hoped he wasn't talking about something else...

"You'd think it would be easier to open," He groaned, more noises coming from where he was stood. I shifted in my stance as I tried to resist the urge to peek. It sounded like whatever he was doing wasn't as simple as it thought. I could almost imagine the determination and sweat on his face. He let out one final groan and then silenced followed.

"You can open them now," I heard the caution in his tone and I slowly opened my eyes.

My breath hitched in my throat and I gaped openly at the sight of his chiselled freshly shaven jaw, his chin, his cheekbones and his whole profile. He was leaning against the wall in navy dress trousers, a blue button-down shirt and his hair were styled in a messy fashion. He was so handsome from the depths of his eyes to the gentle expression on his face as he watched me.

I suddenly felt self-conscious in my day-old jeans, his t-shirt and tangled hair. He looked like an adonis and I looked like a hobo. I wrapped my arms around myself and he instantly noticed.

In two long strides, he was in front of me, his arms wrapped around my back with his thumb tracing circles on my exposed skin, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I mumbled trying to avoid looking him in the eyes.

He gently tilted my chin with his finger so I had no choice but to look at him, "Don't lie, I can tell when you are lying,"

I cocked a brow, "You do?"

"Yes," He chuckled, "Your nose scrunches when you're lying,"

"It does not," My nose instantly scrunched up.

Damn it.

How did he know I had this trait when I was completely unaware? My body and I were going to have words later.

His eyes turned serious, "Tell me what was wrong,"

"You look amazing and look at me," I gestured to myself in deflation, "I look like something out of a comedy sketch,"

He shook his head, "Ivy, you look beautiful, no matter what you are wearing,"

"Really?" My eyes widened, "Even if I was covered in dogs poo?"

He laughed, "Even if you were covered in dogs poo,"

I raised a brow, "You sure about that?"

I mean I wouldn't think he's too fruity if he was covered in poo.