Chain

"The blink of an eye that I just met
There is a fire (touch me right)
to light the night, oh yeah
This new age isn't a storm
(through the dark)
We will become the one
Look at the same place"

                                 -Chain by NCT 127

⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗⛓🔗

Trigger warning: Kidnapping, hinting at the romanization of Stockholme syndrome, intense violence and abuse. Mentions of rape.

A/N: Hey guys! So, I've been planning this chapter for several months and I thought that it was important to write a kind of blurb beforehand. Fanfiction is fun because we get to write about and explore various tropes while putting our own spin on them. One trope that I have always loved is the Stockholme syndrome trope, where a kidnapping victim falls in love with her/his captor. This concept is sexy and fun to fantasize about, BUT I want to make it clear that abusive relationships like this should not be sought out in real life. I know this might sound obvious to some, but I want to make it clear that violence isn't a sign of love. Manipulation is not a sign of love. Being controlled by your partner is not a sign of love! ALSO, it is totally okay to have fantasies about these things. What one fantasizes about is not a reflection of what they want in a relationship, so don't harass people for having these fantasies. Let me be clear. In this story, there will be abuse. I'm sorry if you are not comfortable with that and I understand if you choose to leave said story. Okay now back to the story.  

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

We all turn towards the voice. Well... they turn, I just kind of look up.

It was none other than the boss himself standing at the top of the wooden stairs.   

I hadn't noticed until now, but Taeyong and Doyoung were dressed very casually. Doyoung wore faded blue jeans and a maroon hoodie that said Tokyo on the back with a few Japanese characters underneath. His shoes were typical black and white sneakers from a brand I couldn't recognize and sticking out of his back pocket was a supreme brand wallet with a ribbon lanyard linking it to one of his belt loops.

Taeyong was wearing black skinny jeans with holes near the knees. It didn't look like he bought them that way, Ir seemed more likely that he added those holes himself. He was also wearing a hoodie, but his was white with no design on it except for a few splashes of brown. My jaw clenched when I focused on the splashes, which now seemed less like a part of the design, and more like old blood stains. Looking down, I noticed that he was wearing rubber boots one might wear when working with livestock.

They were both dressed warmly, which made sense since the room felt like it was barely above freezing. It didn't help that I was still only wearing pasties and underwear. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure that Mark was wearing a hoodie as well. The image of Mark wearing a yellow hoodie underneath an unbuttoned denim jacket crosses my mind.

What prompted my sudden urge to examine the gang member's wardrobe choices was the fact that Jaehyun was still wearing a suit. In fact, he was wearing the same crushed black velvet Armani suit as last night, suggesting that he hadn't slept at all since then. The bags under his eyes confirm my suspicion.  

Despite the apparent exhaustion in his face, he still looked as sexy as ever. Maybe even sexier. His hair was messy with strands flying out every which way. It looked as if he had spent the whole night running his fingers through it. For a sinful second I imagined what it would be like if I were the one running my fingers through it.

Get a grip Y/N!

The pain radiating throughout my body must have made me drunk. This was not the time to indulge in my hormonal twenty-one-year-old fantasies. Now was the time to panic.