Chapter 25.

I sat on the sofa watching him pour the water into the cup and then added the milk. I don't like milk in normal tea and coffee. Only in my Starbucks.
I wouldn't be surprised if he poisoned me.

"So what did you want to talk about?"
He began passing me the cup as before sitting down next to me.

I took a small sip before putting it down on the coaster. It didn't take a genius to see I was uncomfortable. My back was straight, I was sitting in the very edge of the sofa andy hands were on my lap.

I opened my mouth to start speaking but my phone started buzzing bwdfoe I could.
I knew it was Emiliano and I knew that If I didn't answer it would be like a death wish.

"Just give me one second. I need to take this" I said standing up and going to the balcony.

"Hello, babe" I said smoothly, but it didn't work.

"Your five minutes late Alessandra. Call me every fucking half hour or else you will be punished. And send a picture of yourself so I know your not in bed with someone else." he said ending the call soon after.

I sighed but reluctantly took the photo of me on the balcony holding up my middle finger I sent it with the caption. Fuck you.

Emiliano didn't take 2 seconds before my phone buzzed with a message.

Hubby : I'll make you fuck yourself with that finger.

Me: I bet you'd love to watch that.

Hubby: Baby stop. You turning me on.

Me: My father's waiting for me, I have to go. 💘😘

I walked back into the sitting room and plopped down on the couch next to him.

"When I was 5 years old, you left me on the side of a road to die. If it wasn't for Pierre I would have probably died before the week was over. Then when I was 10 you found me on the side of the street and you took me back, I was happy that you did.

But after only a month of being back I felt like I was a slave. That I wasn't your daughter, but rather your maid. I needed to leave. Every night I cried myself to sleep because my family hated me, and I didn't want to be there anymore.

SO, 2 years later I ran away and I met Pierre again. He took me in, but he wasn't the same as when I left. I won't tell you what happened in that period of me life. But I will say that I am definitely not the same anymore.

The other day I met a man named Josiah Edwardo. He told me he was an old family friend, but then he also told me other stuff. Stuff about you and what he did to my mother.  "

I watched him, looking for a reaction that could give me a clue to what he was thinking. But I got nothing. All I saw was cold raw hatred in his eyes.

" I've had hated you for the past 9 years, but now this man says you did it because you had to and I feel like I need to at least try and forgive you. Because whether I like it or not, you are my father and I have to try to hear your side of the story before I decide to kill you... Or not. "

" You are Mortale, aren't you? " he said eyeing me carefully. I looked at him in confusion, turning my head carefully.

" Mortale? What is that? " I asked feigning confusion.

He gives me a condescending look and I know he doesn't believe me.
" You think I wouldn't recognize my own daughter? Mask and all." he said chuckling to himself.

I look down at my hands again, fidgeting uncomfortably.

" I'm glad you were the one to kill them. Those men, they were heartless. I remember when I first met them, they were like my brothers". His eyes became clouded with pain and betrayal. I understood his pain, my father, although he didn't intend to, what he had done to me was my first betrayal. The second was something far worse. And it seemed wherever ago, every person I meet finds away to betray me.

"That day I went to your grandparents house to fetch you and your brother. Your . . . Your mother was supposed to be decorating for your birthday party. She was halfway done when I had left to fetch you, but when I was gone Josiah came to see me, but I wasn't home so she left him to wait in the living room. She went upstairs to get dressed for the party when he, he walked in whatever happened in that room I never want to know. But when I came home she was already gone and all that was left was Josiah on top of her unconscious body. "

There were tears running down my cheeks as well as his. A stangled sob left this lips as he covered his face with his hands.

" Why?  That's all I wonder everytime. Why would he do that to me? He knew how much my family meant to me. " it was heart breaking, seeing my father cry. I felt like I had been too easy on that son of a bitch.

I moved closer to my father and wrapping my arms around him, comforting him as he cried on my shoulder.
" I wanted to me keep you safe. I didn't want Josiah to take you away from me or hurt you, so I sent you to an associate of mine, but then you ran away before he could get you. I decided to take you back. And it was around that time when I was told that Josiah had spies in my household. I didn't want him to think that I loved you, so I treated you badly, I know. But that was only so he would leave you alone.

When you ran away from me as well I was heart broken but I knew it was for the best. Until you went completely off the radar, as if you had just disappeared. I searched everywhere for you, for the past 8 years, but even to this day I didn't know where you were. Until now of course. "he paused to look at me.

" You're a part of the trinity. "

I nodded my head slowly.

" I am. They trained me to be better" I said shutting off my emotion. My father's entire face screamed disapproval. Why wouldn't he disapprove? His only daughter, la princepssa of the Rousso family was working as a killer.

He was the type of man to want me to be into modeling for Victoria's Secret and leaving the dirty work to the men.

"Alessandra. All I pray for is your forgiveness."

I look up at him with teary eyes, giving him a small smile .
"B-but why couldn't you fight against Josiah? Why did your try to fight him?" I asked not wanting to give my forgiveness to easily.
My father sighed n'a cleaned back into the sofa.

"Back then, Alessandra. I wasn't powerful, I wasn't feared. I wasn't even the boss of the cartel I was a part of. I didn't have the capability to stop Josiah, unless I wanted to get everyone I loved killed. It wasn't my choice to let him go, I just couldn't risk it... I was weak" he said with tears in his eyes. "I am still weak, I don't deserve your forgiveness, I... I'm-"

I leaned over and pulled him into a hug, stopping him from saying anything more.

"I do forgive you".

Here you go. The next chapter.

I just want to remind you guys of that important chapter. It's still happening guys. For some reason the chapters sometimes just jumble themsleves when I try to update on another device. It's so fucking irritating, it makes me want to throw my phone.

Anyways, as always love you guys, check what chapter your reading before you read it and vote, comment and share.

Update:

800 reads
20 comments
60 votes

And just so you know this is an early update. You guys met the requirements of the last chapter so here you go ❤️!