chapter 40

It's been two weeks and Mariya's still in the hospital. She hasn't even moved as yet and I'm still worried that she might lose her memory. I wanted to take her out of the hospital and bring her home but I'm a little scared to do so. I'm letting her stay for a little while.

"Daddy can we go see mommy now?" Mia asked snapping out of whatever I was thinking about. I looked over at her and smiled.

"Yes princess daddy zoned out a little" I chuckled then got out of the car. The rain was falling so I opened my umbrella over my head. I got melia out of her carseat and kissed her forehead. "Happy birthday princess" I cooed and she smiled then kissed my cheek.

"Come on Mia let's go see mommy then we can sing melia happy birthday" I whispered then Mia came out of the car with her little umbrella over her head then ran over to me.

We walked into the hospital and walked down the hall to Mariya's room. I opened the door then walked over to her bed. "Hey babe" I whispered then kissed her forehead. I made sure to order flowers everyday for Mariya. I kissed her bump then placed Melia on the bed beside her mommy.

"Momma it my bwrthday" Melia said while clapping her hands. "I am two now" she said while holding up two fingers. She looked back at me with a confused look on her face. "Daddy momma stwill sweepy" she mumbled and I chuckled.

"Daddy? Mommy moved" Mia said while pointing at mariya. My eyes widen and I looked down at Mariya.

"Are you sure princess mommy's not moving" I said and Mia nodded.

"I'm sure daddy her fingers went like this" she said while moving her hand. The doctor walked in and he put on his glasses. "See mommy's doing it again" she said and I looked down at her hand, still not moving.

"What did you see Mia?" Doctor asked as he walked over to her and stooped down to her level.

"Mommy's hand was moving" Mia said again, I placed my hands in Mariya's hand and it moved. My heart started racing and my eyes widen.

"Yes doctor she did move" I said to him and he smiled.

"Well that's good news" he said and I looked down at Mariya her eyes squeezed shut then slowly fluttered open. I was so happy that she was conscious again.

"Mommy your awake" Mia squealed while jumping around. The doctor walked over to me and took up his clipboard.

"Mariya I'm going to ask you a few simple question ok?" He asked and she slowly nodded while looking around the room. The doctor asked her a few questions then check up on her then he left.

"Mariya baby are you okay" I nervously asked. I just wanted to hold her and give her lots of kisses. She looked up at me and sighed.

"What happened why am I in the hospital?" She asked then removed her hands from mine.

"You got into a car crash baby but your okay" I whispered and she looked down at Mia. Her eyes widen and I was confused as to why she looked so shocked.

"My baby, is my baby okay?" She asked while trying to move her hand to touch her stomach.

"Mariya baby is fine please relax you look like your in so much pain" I said and she sighed then relaxed.

"Girls come give mommy a hug" Mariya said then gave them a small smile. Mia smiled then shyly walked over to us. She climbed on top of the bed and hugged Mia. Melia looked up at me then back at mariya. She wrapped her arms around Mariya's waist then laid her head on her tummy.

MARIYA'S POV

I can't believe I was out for a week, I can't imagine how the girls felt when they saw me like this I'm just happy that our baby is okay.

"Do you remember anything that happened when you where in a coma" he asked and I think I do but I'm not sure if I remember.

"I shook my head then looked over at the girls who where smiling at me. "Lorenzo I want to go home" I whispered and he placed his hands in mine.

"Sure honey but finish answering the question first okay" he said and I shook my head. I wanted these needles out of my skin. I just wanted to hold the girls then go see my parents.

"I know you want to go home Mrs Esposito but we have to check and ensure that your condition is stable and your body is functioning, I'll check your breathing and blood pressure" he said and I sighed.

"So do you remember what happened before you got in a car crash" he asked and I tired thinking really hard but I just couldn't remember. I shook my head and he nodded.

"The last thing I remember is when I was at mom's house and I went over to Lorenzo's house to go get the girls" I said and he nodded then turned towards Lorenzo.

"She's okay but she doesn't remember what happened before the car crash. I'm sure everything will start coming back to her if you help her remember" the doctor said then went into his office.

"I can't wait to leave here" I mumbled while looking around. I glanced over at Lorenzo and he had a worried look on his face. I cleared my throat and he looked down a smiled.

"Um.... today is Amelia's birthday" he whispered and my eyes widen. I looked over at Amelia and she was busy playing with Mia.

"Oh my god I forgot, I didn't even know what date it it today" I began to panick.

"It's okay baby I'm sure you would've remembered if you weren't in coma" Lorenzo said and I nodded.

"Happy birthday Amelia" I whispered and she looked up at me and smiled. Oh my god they are getting so big and Mia is almost five.

"Mommy are you coming home today" Mia asked while climbing on Lorenzo's lap.

"Yeah, the doctor says in fine so I can leave" I said then tried sitting up.

"Be careful mommy" Mia said then placed her hand on my thigh. I smiled then lean over to kiss her forehead.

"Mariya you just woke up are you sure you want to leave so quick?" Lorenzo asked and I nodded the doctor came back in and Lorenzo told him that I was ready to leave. The doctor explained a few things to him at what I should do when I get home and what I should eat. He took the needles out of my skin then they help me get up.

"Mariya I can carry you if you want" Lorenzo said with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine Lorenzo plus the doctor said that I need to exercise since I've been in bed for 2 weeks" I mumbled then slowly walked out the door. I can't wait to go home, I just hate being at the hospital sometimes.

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE🙂