Chapter 13 - The best

Zay's POV:

I wake up to Charlie's dark hair in my face and move it gently. She has her head on my chest and her arm wrapped around me, all snuggled in. I stroke her hair softly and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

Last night was a lot to take in. I opened up to her and told her everything I'd done that general society class as wrong and she didn't bat an eye. I suppose she probably thought I'd run after she told me about Chet and Lane being owners of the Cobras, but really what difference does it make? They've been nothing but nice to me.

Charlie's eyes flutter open and she looks up at me with her big beautiful green eyes. "Morning." She nuzzles her face into the side of my neck.

"Good morning Princess."

"Did you sleep okay?" She mumbles into my neck.

"Better than okay." I laugh softly

Pulling back from my neck she leans over and pecks my lips. "I going to take a shower, you want to join?" She grins down at me.

"Is that a trick question?" I grin back at her.

After our shower we both dress and make our way downstairs. Shay and Lane are sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Look who decided to enter the world of the living." Shay laughs.

"Eh, It was a big night." Charlie shrugs.

"Oh we know." Shay smirks. "I had to take the blame for your noisy ass last night."

"Excuse me?" She places her hands on her hips.

"Oh, you know girlfriend, you know." She puts on her best fake moan

Charlie opens her mouth to say something, but closes it again and screws her face up.

"Yeah that's what I'm talking about." She grins. "And I had to take the blame, and listen to the how many times have we told you two to keep it down speech from your dad."

"Right and I didn't even get any last night." Lane teases.

"Lane shut up, you get like every day, sometimes twice a day." Shay rolls her eyes

"To much information." I laugh

"Anyway, good work Zay." Shay shoots me a wink

We spend the rest of the afternoon hanging out together. Amity and Chet had gone out for the day so it was just the four of us. Lane spent a lot of time up and down on the phone, but for the most part he was invested in spending his time with Shay.

"How are you going to cope at work without me tomorrow?" Charlie smiles up at me as we sit on the couch.

"I might actually get some work done with you not around." I tease.

"Hey, I'm not a distraction, I'm helpful." She folds her arms, frowning at me.

"You're very distracting Charlie, and you don't even know it." I run my finger over her frown "Stop frowning."

"We're home" Amity walks through the door with a smile on her face. "Zayd, would you like to stay for dinner? We have plenty." She holds up a takeout bag.

"No that's okay, I should probably get going, I don't want to overstay my welcome." I laugh softly.

"Ha!" Shay laughs from next to me "I pretty much live here and they're still not sick of me."

Amity laughs and shrugs her shoulders. "It's true, but you're always welcome here." She adds

"Thanks." I give her an honest smile.