Chapter 50: Outsiders

Song Quote: The Outsider
"People are connecting. Don't know what to say. I'm good at protecting what they wanna take. Spilt the milk at breakfast, hit me double hard. And I grinned at you softly cause I'm a fucking wild card."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
"(Y/n)! Where are you?" Lloyd called out to the girl but got no reply. The green ninja has been searching the entire monastery for the (h/c) haired girl. It's time for her to start her lesson with his father and she's nowhere to be found.

He peaked his head into his bedroom, hoping that she was just hanging out with her headphones and that's why she hasn't answered him.

The green ninja let out a sigh as he stood in front of his bed. (Y/n)'s always making Lloyd worry.

His worries really taking hold around the time she started training with his dad. She didn't speak much, focusing solely on the lessons and training. To the point that he would catch her in dojo in the early hours of the morning.

Lloyd and (Y/n) didn't talk much except for idle conversation. He was busy trying to keep the other ninja together and dealing with his own grief that he didn't reach out.

And if he did, (Y/n) would only keep her emotions close to her chest for no one to see.

There's a part of him that doesn't want to lose anyone anymore. When you think about it, a lot of people has left Lloyd behind. His mother, father, Sensei Wu, now Zane and finally the ninja going their separate ways.

Sure people come and go, his relationship with him and his parents have finally mended, but those feelings and fear of abandonment stick.

Lloyd fears (Y/n) doing the same. Afraid that she too will disappear from his life for good.

(Y/n) is the type to move around as she pleases.

The green ninja called out for her once more "(Y/n)!-"

"Gimme your ankles!" The devil herself shouted cutting him off. Lloyd felt two hands grab his legs mid step causing him to trip and fall on the floor.

(Y/n) popped her head out from underneath his bed. She wore a playful grin as she giggled to herself for spooking the legendary green ninja himself.

Lloyd laid on the floor processing what just happened. Noticing his silence, (Y/n)'s eyebrows creased with worry.

The girl scooting next to him "Wait are you hurt?" She asks with guilt in her voice.

Lloyd immediately sat up "N-no, you just surprised me" he stammered in an effort to reassure the girl. "What were you doing under my bed?" he changed the subject to deflect that she indeed spook him.

What really startled him was (Y/n)'s playfulness. It's a side of her that always comes and goes like the fleeting cherry blossoms of spring.

Only coming out when she lets down her guard.

"I wanted to scare the green ninja. I'm the monster under your bed" she chuckled darkly with that chaotic look on her face.

Lloyd smirked at her with his arms crossed. "I'm not afraid of monsters" he affirmed in a half serious playful tone.

"You used to be" (Y/n) teased and flicked Lloyd on the forehead making the green ninja blush in embarrassment.

He coughed into his hand as the flush faded from his face. "Anyways, my Dad's looking for you to start your next lesson" The green ninja changed the subject as he took her hand and stood up.