¶Seventeen

Dedicated to blarkkitty
Thank you so much for the support and nice words. You guys should definitely check her out. She's precious.

***

Friday was finally here.

It was officially Amina's birthday. Since today was also the school's founding day we were given a mini holiday which meant no school for us.

The first thing I did when I woke, was reach for my phone and switch on my data.
A bunch of notifications popped up from my Instagram and Pinterest but I went straight to WhatsApp, opening the groupchat our small circle had, I sent a text.

Irene[8:14 am] who's going for Amina's birthday?

Bolade[8:16 am]: I am, chicks would look mad today

Edwards[8:16 am] : do you only think of chicks? but same I'm coming, my house would be dull today.

Damien[8:20 am] : are you coming Daeze?

Grace[8:21 am]: go and sleep o it's too early I don't want to go to that witch's birthday. I hope she adds sense today sha

I scoffed at Grace's response and pondered on Damien's. Was I going to go? Ejiro would probably be there and I don't know if I really want to watch them be all lovey dovey. But then Ejiro actually invited me and I had accepted, it would look weird if I didn't make it.

Irene[8:22 am]: I'm going.

Damien[8:23 am]: see you there then, wear something hot btw

Irene[8:23 am]: I thought you were starting to have sense?

Damien[8:25 am]: you make me lose my senses... Okay ew that was too creepy even for me.

Grace[8:27 am]: why are you going???

Grace[8:28 am]: you two are actually so adorable but WHY ARE YOU GOING???

Irene[8:29 am]: which kin dirty adorable? God forbid I don't want.

Irene[8:29 am]: Ejiro invited me and I already accepted.

Grace[8:30 am]: seriously?

Damien[8:30 am]: seriously??

Irene[8:32 am]: yes seriously, unfortunately. But sha it'll be weird if I don't show up... I did accept it already.

Damien[8:33 am]: dw... I'll be there to keep you company.

Bolade [8:33 am]: same here

Edwards [8:34 am]: ditto

My heart swelled with happiness knowing they'll hang with me during the party and I silently thanked God for them. I switched off my data, dropped my phone on my bed and got up to go start my chores.

If my mom walked in on me using my phone this early in the morning wahala will set.

***