- date - wb

el, mike, lucas and max had already left the hill

el, mike, lucas and max had already left the hill. it was now only you, will and dustin.

"will," you whisper to him. "i don't think we're going to be able to contact suzie."

"i agree, i wish we could so we could just go home." will nods.

"maybe we should just go, it's nearing midnight." you suggest.

"let's go then." will stands up and offers his hand and you take it.

"hey dustin," you speak up.

"yeah?" dustin sighed, clearly frustrated in the fact that he couldn't contact his girlfriend.

"y/n and i need to go." will gripped your hand.

"yeah, it's pretty late, henderson." you give him a sympathetic smile. "you should probably go home too."

"yeah, we could try again tomorrow." dustin nodded.

"actually, i have plans with y/n tomorrow." will inturrupts before you can respond.

"oh, okay." dustin says in disappointment.

dustin stands up and makes his way down the hill.

"i feel bad," you sigh. "we lied to him."

"not exactly." will whispered.

"what do you mean?" you ask will.

"well, i have to do this sooner or later," will bites his lip nervously. "maybe tomorrow we could play d&d. just us two."

"like a date?" you ask him.

"y-yeah, yeah, i guess." will looks down.

"well, if we're going on a date, maybe dungeons and dragons shouldn't be the first." you nudge will.

"y-yeah, right. t-that would be so stupid." will stuttered.

"no, it's not stupid. i just though we could do something that we don't usual do, like go see a movie just us two, then go to the arcade for a bit, then go to scoops ahoy, maybe share a banana split and maybe end it with a kiss." a smile makes it way on your's and will's face.

"that sounds perfect." will rubs his neck. "well, I'll pick you up at around two, i heard the goonies is playing."

"perfect." you squeeze onto will's hand one last time before letting go. "i'll see you tomorrow, byers."

you kiss his cheek making will turn a dark pink.

"i'll save that proper kiss for tomorrow." you turn left, away from will as he turns right.

"...hell yeah!" will whispers to himself before running in his to tell jonathan the good news.