HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: MIRROR

Me: dang i have an idea for a halloween chapter but i can't use it until next year bc of spoilers, guess i'll just quickly write summoners into a mini-fic instead
Me:
Me: ...oh hey look another idea-

i was reminded of a comment i made last year ("...and sometimes on halloween the kids dress up as All Might but still go about their hero duties and it's hilarious because they all do bad impressions of him and everyone looks forward to it") and figured i'd base this chapter on it (:

anyyyway um. stay safe if you're gonna be out trick-or-treating or partying or whatever it is you're planning to do tonight!! stay hydrated and don't eat too many sweets!! but most importantly: have fun :D

Discord server, if you wanna cyberbully me about my atrocious typing skills: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

Izuku opened the doors to his wardrobe, an excited smile on his lips. He pushed aside the Eraserhead costume, the Nana Shimura outfit, and the Midnight clothes he'd worn because he'd lost a bet, snickering to himself at the memories that accompanied each one. His gaze lit up as it settled on the ludicrously bright suit dangling from a hanger: red, white, blue, and yellow practically glowed in the shadows.

October was a very entertaining month, both for the fledged heroes of Class A and the citizens of Japan. For a reason no-one could totally recall, but possibly stemmed from Izuku accidentally going out on patrol in an All Might onesie on Halloween years ago, he and his classmates started to dress up as All Might when the day arrived, filling the hours with hilariously bad impressions, blinding smiles, and hearty laughter as deep as they could manage. The tradition had spilled over into the rest of the month, and the heroes would go out dressed as their predecessors and tutors, paying loving homage to those who raised them and protected them.

He grabbed the outfit, smooth fabric slipping over his fingers. A few scuffs and immovable bloodstains still marked the colours from a few unfortunate situations. Izuku lowered it and stepped inside, tucking his feet away in his classic red shoes, struggling to pull the costume up for a few moments until it finally snapped into place around his throat. It pressed tight against his form, leaving nothing to the imagination, in true All Might fashion. He adjusted the yellow bracers that extended over his hands as gloves for supporting his bones, and padded across his bedroom to grab the headband and slide it over his green curls, giving him the classic bunny-ears-esque look of All Might's hairstyle.

Izuku stepped in front of the mirror, glancing himself up and down and unable to hold back the sudden burst of laughter at his reflection. He looked like a child again, dressing up as his idol.

Clearly, some things hadn't changed in two decades.

Izuku checked the time, plucked at the fabric of his suit one last time, then headed over to his balcony, opening the doors and letting a cool autumn breeze rush over him. He hopped up onto the railing, letting his Quirk sparkle over his body before he launched himself into the air.