Chapter 5

Qiao Yu was forced to stay locked in this golden cage-like home. He had a phone with him but his home didn’t have a phone that he could call. He didn’t know how to get into contact with Feng Shou.

His grandmother is in poor health and he was worried that if she had something happen to her, that bastard wouldn’t care.

Qiao Yu sat anxiously on the bed. He no longer cared about what Feng Shou would do to his body; his grandmother was his only remaining relative.

But just being anxious was a pointless waste of his energy

At one or two in the morning, Qiao Yu’s phone rang.

Although the voice on the other end had changed a little, he could still recognise that it was his own voice.

It’s Feng Shou!

Qiao Yu quickly asked: “How is my grandmother? How is my grandmother?”

“Grandmother is fine.”

Qiao Yu breathed a sigh of relief.

Feng Shou then said: “Why are you still inside? Come out and bring some money with you.”

Qiao Yu was helpless: “You father has people watching over me. How can I do it?”

“There is a small safe under my bed. Do you see it?”

Qiao Yu looked under the bed and planted his cheeks against the floor. There really was a rectangular shaped safe,

“I see it. I see it.” Qiao Yu responded.

Feng Shou then said: “In the second drawer of the left most cabinet there are four bed sheets.”

Qiao Yu ran over and checked. As if the person on the other end could see everything, he nodded affirmatively.

“Now tie those sheets together and climb down through the back window. My house walls are low so you can easily scale it. Remember to bring the safe.”

Qiao Yu ran over to the back window and looked down, “I’m a little scared!”

“What are you afraid of?! You’re in such a solid body of mine and you’re still scared! Hurry, I’m waiting for you behind the fence!”

Qiao Yu got dressed, placed the safe inside his school bag and began to connect the bed sheets.

This was the only time in his whole life that he was doing something that he would see being done in a movies.

When Qiao Yu climbed over the wall, he saw Feng Shou squatting by the side of the wall with a toothpick in his mouth.

Feng Shou stood up and walked towards him.

Qiao Yu ran up and pulled the other person into his embrace. He had not seen an acquaintance for a very long time and, although it was his own face, he still found it very endearing.

Feng Shou coughed a few times in his arms. “Little brother, little brother. Do it a little more gently. Don’t you realise what condition your body is like right now?! Do you want to strangle me to death?!”

Qiao Yu quickly released his grip, “Sorry, sorry!”

Inside Feng Shou’s safe, apart from two cheques, the rest were cash.

“Why do you need so much money?” Qiao Yu was curious.

“Your grandmother suddenly had a stroke yesterday,” Feng Shou said.

Qiao Yu become worried, “Ah?! Then I……Why?!”

“It’s old age. A mild case. “Feng Shou patted his back and comforted him, “If she doesn’t stop her medications, it’ll be fine.”

“Ah?!” Qiao Yu’s eyebrows wrinkled together and he felt particularly upset. He and his grandmother had always relied on each other. If his grandmother……..Qiao Yu began to shed tears.

“She’s still fine!” Feng Shou shook the heavy safe. “There’s money, it’s no big deal.”

“But that is your money…..” Qiao Yu said.

“I am in your body now. My money is your money. Don’t worry about it.”

In fact, Feng Shou also felt a little guilty. He didn’t have a grandmother and his father was never around. For the first time, he enjoyed the feeling of being cared for by a loved one and greedily stayed for a few days at Qiao Yu’s home.

This morning, Qiao Yu’s grandmother felt very dizzy. He brought the elder to the hospital for examination and was told that it was a slight stroke.

The doctor mentioned that she would need to take medicine continuously but the elder wouldn’t accept it and dragged her grandson back home saying that the money is for her grandson’s university fees.

Feng Shou lightly suggested mortgaging the house.

The elder insisted: “That is what your parents left for your wife.”

Hearing this, Feng Xiao’s heart felt uncomfortable. Since he was young, money was just a number for him and he never had to worry about it but now, for Qiao Yu and Qiao Yu’s grandmother, the same money could save a life.

Feng Shou lacked love. In his world, being cared for is very expensive and could not be bought with money. As for Qiao Yu, it was just the opposite. His family lacked money. What good can love bring? Without money, their predicament couldn’t be solved.

He smiled bitterly. What kind of fucking plan is this!

Fortunately, God was very charitable and allowed him to exchange bodies with Qiao Yu. Otherwise——

Qiao Yu shuffled across to Feng Shou’s side and bowed his head. His voice was particularly pathetic, “I want to see her…..”

“Then what about my dad? You shouldn’t be seen in broad daylight. You just escaped and the bedsheets are still hanging outside the window. My dad goes to his company at five o’clock, what will you do if he sees it? You won’t be able to come out again in the future.”

Qiao Yu felt very wronged: “Feng Shou, when can we get out bodies back?”

Feng Shou replied helplessly, “I don’t even know how we became like this. I was thinking that if you want to see your grandmother I could buy a phone tomorrow and you can video call.”

Qiao Yu then said: “What should I do if my grandmother misses me?”

Feng Shou:  “I am by her side every day, why would she miss you?!”

Qiao Yu didn’t have any other options. He also couldn’t think of any other ways to solve their current dilemma. This soul exchange matter – why would anyone believe it?! The hospital will probably treat it as a mental case.

“Okay then. Let’s video call.”