Chapter 6

Taking advantage of the dark night, Qiao Yu climbed back over the wall. He did not do this often and so his technique was poor. Feng Shou looked at him from below and mocked him a few times.

The next day, Feng Shou sent him a video of his grandmother cooking and doing the laundry using his new mobile phone.

Although Qiao Yu was using Feng Shou’s old phone, he had not used it before and after mulling through for an entire night, he managed to learn the basics.

Feng Shou also took this into consideration and did use any social media softwares to send the videos and directly sent it to him through text.

Qiao Yu used the twenty-six keys to clumsily type in a line of words, “Didn’t you say a video call?”

Feng Shou: “How can we? Do you know how to use social media?”

Qiao Yu: “I actually have QQ? Someone helped me register.”

Feng Shou: “Someone?! Who’s that someone?!”

Qiao Yu: “A classmate.”

Feng Shou: “I can’t video call you in front of grandmother. I only just managed to lie to grandmother that the medications for her stroke is very cheap and pay for the rest of it behind her back. Grandmother isn’t stupid, if I suddenly reveal a mobile phone in front of her, she would know for sure that it is not cheap. Don’t you think so?”

Qiao Yu thought for a moment and agreed with Feng Shou’s words. He did this for his sake. He felt particularly grateful to Feng Shou. In fact, he isn’t a bad guy.

Internally he felt very fortunate and slowly typed out a line of words, “Then I’ll listen to you.”

Feng Shou did not reply.

Qiao Yu played the video and began to watch his grandmother.

These videos were all taken secretly by Feng Shou and wasn’t very clear but he could still see that grandmother was actually frying meat!

After his parents passed away in a car accident, there was no source of income at home and they lived off the money that was left behind by his parents. The most expensive dish in his family were eggs and, every time, his grandmother would give it to him.

Now his grandmother would actually be able to eat meat. It must be because Feng Shou used some unknown method and managed to lie to his grandmother.

Qiao Yu now believed that some lies were said for the benefit of others.

He played through the video several times and his heart felt warm.

At one or two in the evening, Feng Shou called.

“Come downstairs!”

Qiao Yu tied the sheets together and onto the window and was able to smoothly climb down this time.

Feng Shou handed him two books, “The homework your teacher left for you.”

“Homework?!”

“Grandmother still wishes for you to go to university. How can I let your grades fall?”

Qiao Yu’s heart went warmer. Holding the books, he expressed his sincere gratitude.

Feng Shou on the other hand looked a little embarrassed.

He patted Qiao Yu’s back: “Hurry and return.”

Qiao Yu didn’t move. He stretched his hand across and pulled at the corner of his shirt with his face slightly red. He also didn’t know why he was doing this but for some reason he wanted to know about the other persons thoughts, “Why don’t you come find me during the day? Is it because you don’t want to see your dad?”

Feng Shou paused and said: “That’s not it. I also don’t know. My mood is a little complicated, you won’t understand.”

Qiao Yu blinked, “What is it? You can talk to me about it?”

Feng Shou looked at Qiao Yu’s face. It was obviously his own face but that face had an expression that contradicted his own character. It was as if he was listening to himself speaking. He suddenly felt that there was no point hiding it as they were close now.

“Do you know about homosexuality?”

Qiao Yu said: “I know.”

Feng Shou continued: “I am one. But my dad insists that I marry a woman. He had always been controlling and thought that it was for my sake. I still haven’t thought about how I should approach him so can you help me deal with it first?”

Qiao Yu stood there motionlessly. He was thinking about how he could help this father and son pair but he had not experienced anything like this and was temporarily lost for words.

Thinking that he was probably shocked by the fact that he is gay, Feng Shou patted Qiao Yu’s shoulders and urged him to hurry up and return.