ch. 30

The gears in your head whirred as you began thinking about what's happening. If Decken were to lose consciousness, the Noah would fall and destroy the whole island, especially at the height it is at. Shirahoshi has to change her course because if Decken loses conscious any minute, her efforts will be in vain. 

It seemed you and the two royal siblings understood what needed to be done and you took off at full speed. 

"Shirahoshi! You have to change your course! Now or else-" 

"They figured it out huh?" Hody, with his energy steroids, swam faster than the merman and sliced him with his bladed fin. 

"Ryuboshi!" You and Fukaboshi called out, your eyes widening when you saw his red blood float amongst the water. As you directed your bubble to him, Hody tried to hit you in the back but you punched him away. 

"Don't even think about touching me! From now on, I'll be the one to pummel your ass!" You yelled back before re-focusing on the injured merman in front of you. 

Luffy and Fukaboshi finally understood the reason why you all were trying to reach Shirahoshi. 

"Brother-hoshi! We have to reach Yowahoshi!" 

You followed Fukaboshi and Luffy, knowing that Hody needed to be distracted with someone while they would try to reach Shirahoshi. Just as you thought, he intercepted their route to the princess, his face grinning at their hopelessness. 

You moved in front of Fukaboshi, your blade ready and drawn out. 

"You two focus on getting Shirahoshi to move courses before it's too late," you calmly order, "I can hold off Hody as long you guys need!" 

"But, Y/n-" Luffy started, but shut up immediately when you threw him a look over your shoulder. 

"Shirahoshi!" Her brothers behind you cried out, his voice ringing through all of your ears. "Move to the side, the Noah will fall if you continue like that!" 

As if it was a miracle, her head turned to look back at you all and she nodded slightly, moving to the side as she was ordered to. 

"Stupid mermaid!" Hody yelled, getting ready to launch himself in her direction. "You can't do that!" 

Luffy tried to stop him by stretching his arm out, and he successfully grabbed him, but he had to let go shortly after since he was exposed to the seawater. 

You forced yourself to move faster and you drew your blade back, ready to at least put a scratch on his skin, but he moved too quickly and tried to hit you instead. Thankfully, your bubble had stopped him from doing so and you smirked as he clutched his leg.

"Oi, this bubble and Shirahoshi's will not pop no matter how hard you try to even put  a scratch on it!" You proclaimed, continuing on your chase to follow him. 

Shirahoshi was doing a good job as the Noah was almost completely away from Fishman Island. 

"Shirahoshi, you're doing great! Only a little bit further, please1" You called out, forming a water spear in your hand to throw at Hody. He dodged it but was soon assaulted by all the members of the royal family and Luffy. 

"Shirahoshi will make it, I know she will!" You exclaimed, punching Hody in his stomach into the grips of Luffy. 

"Don't make me laugh, it's only a matter of time before that scum Decken passes out. And when he does, I will have the last laugh and kill all of you." 

Inside the ship of Noah, Decken was wide awake and ready to send an attack in the direction of Hody, since he did touch him with his left hand. He grabbed onto an ax, but was not ready for the heavyweight and immediately collapsed with it. His head then hit a hard stone, causing him to pass out. Leaving his devil fruit powers to not be useful anymore and cause the Noah to sink towards Fishman Island, instead of following Shirahoshi.