Ch. 51 : My baby boy

"Well...seeing him..." he shrugs but bends his legs, to grab the fabric of his pants with his fingers and toy with it. I sigh out of doubt but remove my hand from Y/N's stomach to elbow the sofa, and just gaze at him. "Only two hours then."

"Alright..." he doesn't complain about it but nods to me. "Are you going to work or take a long weekend too?"

"I can't...I already took a lot of days off this year...but we're soon going to be on vacation so that's fine," I try to reassure him about it, aware of the fact he likes when we're all home together and that I'm not working. "Yeah...you still have to wait for three weeks though..."

"Oh...three weeks isn't that long in a life you know..." I smile at him but see him grimacing as if he wasn't agreeing, pursing his lips out cutely. "It already seems like an eternity when I have to go through five minutes to wait for my food to be cooked so three weeks is way too far away from me honestly..."

"You're exaggerating boy," I giggle at his reaction I can't help but find funny and adorable. "I ain't..."

"About your boyfriend though..." I put hin forth once again, feeling like I should talk about something in particular. "What?"

I get a bit more comfortable on my spot but see y/n turning on her side to face me while sleeping like a baby, so I wrap one arm and leg around her instinctively, as if I couldn't hold back from being a sort of protection for her to feel safe and warm in our cocoon. "I want to test him and see how far he would go for you..."

"And how...?" he frowns to show his confusion, so I go on and explain myself in a quiet voice to not wake my love up. "Does he text you first most of the time?"

"Yes, in the morning and before going to sleep, he always sends me a text and also talks to me during the day. Why?" he confirms good things for me to not doubt too much about the sincerity of this man, but I still need more information. "I would like you to ask him if he could come pick you up every time he wants to see you. I just want to see if he would make the effort to come here and not make you do the whole way all by yourself just for him while he's staying home comfortably."

"He already asked me if I wanted him to come pick me up with his car but I told him I was fine..." he answers with ambiguity, not putting my mind at ease with this. "Then I want you to ask him to come pick you up from now on. Then I'll see if he does it all the time. I don't want you to be fooled by an assh*le."

"Why do you sound like you experienced it?" he asks me a question that brings some bad memories back into my head against my will. "Not me but your sister, she never really talked about it but she told me recently because of what was happening with you and Haechan. She told me that before me, she fell in love with a guy she thought would finally be the one and he kept on taking her for granted. In the beginning, he was always texting her every day because they were far away from each other and in different countries but one day, they were sometimes sexting each other and always teasing each other, but she truly felt like he was special and not like everyone, she was in love with him and trusted him but you know..." I sigh just to imagine her being taken for a fool by a freaking piece of crap. "One day when he knew she would go to his house all alone and spend her days with him, he stopped texting out of the blue, he was distant and kept on changing his sayings...she told me that he really hurt her and didn't even care...so yeah...I don't want you to go through that because I will have to physically hurt somebody."

"No, you won't...I wouldn't want you to get hurt..." he lowers his gaze to innocently fiddle with his sweatpants as I only realize now that I'm caressing my baby's back, but I stare at him. "I won't be able to control myself if he hurts you. Just the thought of him playing with you and using you is boiling my blood and I know I would not be able to keep my composure if I ever get to know he fooled you."