Benjen Stark X Reader - Suit and Jacket

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'Suit and Jacket' by Judah and the Lion. I hope you all enjoy it.

Benjen's weight, slumped over you and you ran your fingers through his hair, was the most normal feeling. The only normal feeling left in the Seven Kingdoms. The best feeling you'd had in months. 

War had taken its tole on most of life's little pleasures, some of them having been erased entirely, and every time Benjen went off for another battle you were worried that your last little normality would never return. 

Your fingers stilled in Benjen's hair, causing him to pout up at you, focused on your concentrated stare. 

"It's strange, isn't it?" you asked him softly, risking a glance down at his worried face. "How everyone is getting to be so old all of a sudden?" 

Benjen looked confused, shifting to look at you properly as his brows knitted together. "I don't understand," he uttered softly, taking your hand in his and linking your fingers.

"I mean, look at Ned." You paused for a moment, releasing a deep sigh. "He's suddenly the head of your house with responsibilities, and a wife, and a baby on the way. And Robert. He's practically an adult now."

"And that makes you sad?"

You shrugged slightly, frowning. "I don't know..." you broke off, shaking your head. "It's just not right, is it? You aren't supposed to be off fighting a war, your supposed to be here, with me."

Benjen sat up and leant towards you, pressing a soft kiss to your lips. "I am here with you," he mumbled against you, frowning when you pulled away from him.

"Yes, you're here, for now. But who knows what could happen." You pressed your eyes shut, taking a deep shaking breath. "I don't want to imagine a world without you in it, but it's becoming something I can't get out of my head."

"I'm not going anywhere."

Your eyes shot open, fixing Benjen with a half-hearted glare. "You don't know that."

"I mean, I'm not going back." Your face softened, mouth hanging slightly agape as you stared at the man in front of you. "Catelyn is coming to Winterfell, Ned wants a small group of us here in case anyone comes marching North." He paused for a moment, his hand coming to rest on your cheek. "The war is almost over, Y/N, and when it is, I will make you my wife."

You were wrapped around him as soon as the final word fell from his tongue, your face buried into his neck. "Thank you," you started, pressing a gentle kiss to his skin. 

*Time Skip*

The war was over and the world had calmed somewhat. Of course, nothing would ever go back to the way it had been before. Robert was king. Ned was Warden of the North, and a father. And you were waiting in your chambers, ready to be summoned down to the Gods Woods for your wedding. 

A knock sounded on the door, drawing your eyes away from your reflection in the mirror. "Come in."

The door creaked open slightly, just enough that you could hear Benjen's voice through the crack. "Can I come in?"

A small smile came to your lips, and you chuckled slightly. "You can," you answered softly, watching as the door opened a little further, revealing your husband to be dressed in his finest clothing.

Benjen smiled when his eyes found you, pausing mid-step to watch you for a moment. "You're so beautiful," he uttered, just loudly enough that you could hear him, your cheeks tinting red as you shook your head.

"Aren't you supposed to be waiting for me at the Weirwood?"

You chuckled when Benjen shrugged slightly, crossing the space between you and stooping to kiss you lightly. "As if I'd let anyone keep me from seeing you," he murmured against your lips. "Catelyn came to the realisation that you had no one to walk you down. If we had done this earlier, my father would have been here, but now..." Benjen trailed off and you nodded.

"What did he propose we do?" you uttered, brow furrowed in concentration.

"Ned offered to walk you down himself," Benjen told you, pausing for a moment, "but he's got his hands full with Jon, and I thought..." He trailed off again, shaking his head. "We aren't the most traditional couple, so I thought I could walk you down myself. That we could walk down together. If that's alright with you."

The smile you gave him almost stopped his heart. So genuine; so pure. "I would be honoured to walk with you," you answered quickly, pulling him down to your lips and giving him a quick kiss. "We should go, or they'll have someone up here looking for us," you murmured as his hands came to rest on your hips.

"It's our wedding day," he grumbled, pulling you closer to him and wrapping his arms tightly around you, "we can take all the time in the world." 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x