Twenty-Two

A/N: Surprise!!

No long notes this time, just pointing out that I haven't proofread this and it's almost 1am here and I have to be up in five hours to go to work so I ain't proofreading.

Aside from that, I just hope you enjoy the chapter, my lovelies.

I love you guys so much <3

"I'm looking forward to the things we'll accomplish together, Miss Kim," the vice president of the company offered his hand as they got up

"Likewise, Mr.Jang," Jennie smiled, shaking the man's hand as soon as she got on her feet, feeling all kinds of excited. "I hope this partnership will bring even more better days for us in the future."

"Oh I don't doubt that," Mr.Jang smiled back. "Let's meet again someday."

Bowing her head, Jennie watched the man and his companions leave the table and the restaurant before laughing openly and happy.

"Jesus fuck," she sat down on her chair again, finally having her appetite back.

"Congratulations, Miss Kim."

And then she lost it again. Her eyes darted to one Kim Taehyung, sitting next to her with his irritating aura and irritating smile and irritating suit.

"Thank you, Mr.Kim," she replied dryly. "I believe you got the contract?"

"Safe and sound," the man smiled, patting the folder in front of him. "This is by far one of the most profitable contracts you've managed to get signed."

"I know," Jennie leaned back and crossed her legs, not being able to help the little smug smile curving her red lips. "I've been working for this for six months now, you wouldn't believe the amount of time I've spent researching."

"Oh I would," Kim Taehyung nodded kindly. "I know how hard you work."

Narrowing her eyes, Jennie wasn't sure if he was being sincere or sarcastic. And she was feeling too victorious to try to decipher so she put it on the back of her mind and grabbed her glass.

"Yes," she swirled the wine in it. "So now if you'll let me, I want to celebrate for a bit."

A smirk on his face, Kim Taehyung grabbed his glass too, "Mind if I join?"

Jennie rolled her eyes, "You will anyway."

Reaching out his glass, the lawyer smiled, "To upcoming victories."

Liking the sound of it, Jennie graced him with a pleased smile, "To upcoming victories."

Then she reciprocated his toast with a clear clink sound of her glass and took a sip from the '92 Cabarnet she knew the vice president liked. It was so good that she had to close her eyes for a second. She was feeling pretty relaxed after the things she had been through to get to this contract that'll ensure their company's future with the Mediterranean trade system will go smoothly.