Chapter Seven

While Harry wanted to collect his wand first, Renata pointed out that they would be passing Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, so it was best to stop there first

While Harry wanted to collect his wand first, Renata pointed out that they would be passing Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, so it was best to stop there first. Harry wasn't the only one who shared in a groan as Ilaria and Monte were just as curious and impatient as their older brother to see what his wand experience was going to be like. And while Uncle Sirius had made the offer to send Harry to Hogwarts with some of the finest and unique robes, James and Renata pointed out that the supply list called for plain black robes.

But when the time came that Harry needed fancy robes, Sirius would be the first they called upon.

For the time being, Harry agreed to enter the shop with his mother. James agreed to wait outside with the little ones, knowing very well that more than two Potters in one area could very well lead to trouble. Harry wished his mother could have just collected his measurements and gone in without him, but Renata wrapped her arm around his shoulders and led him inside.

"It shouldn't take long," she told him, " don't worry, Ollivander's won't close before you get there. I spoke with him while you and your father were in Gringotts. He was getting some breakfast to go, I told him that you were coming to see him today. He's very excited to see you come in."

"Really?" Harry said, although, he had to admit that he wasn't really that surprised. From the time he was little, people approached him and his family, always trying to steal an up-close look at his scar.  Some of them had even gone so far as to shake his hand and thank him, but Harry never understood why they felt the need to.

Yes, he was The Boy Who Lived, he knew that. Both of his parents had taken the time to explain "his fame" to him. It involved him defeating You-Know-Who when he was just a baby, but Harry didn't understand how he had managed such a thing. He had been only a year old at the time, and since then, he didn't think he showed any sort of extraordinary magic.

He was just...Harry.

But he wasn't the only Potter that was famously known, it had started with his grandfather, Fleamont, who had been a famed inventor and potioneer. It passed down to James, who was known extremely well in the Quidditch world, and his mother had been granted her own fame as many had taken interest in the history of her family's story. Although, Harry knew she didn't talk about it very much.

Now it just seemed to pass onto him with his own little title, he wondered what Ilaria and Monte were going to be known for with their Potter fame.

As he theorised, Harry was led into the shop by Renata, and the two of them were greeted by the squatted witch, dressed in mauve as they entered.

"Hogwarts, dear?" she asked. "Got the lot here—another young man being fitted up just now, in fact."

"Are you too busy?" Renata asked. "We can always come back later-"

"Nonsense, please, come in, it'll just be a moment. Feel free to look around, I'll save your spot."

Harry wasn't really interested in looking around at the robes, but it didn't stop Renata from being polite and taking a look around at the selection. He wandered around though, making his way to the back of the shop. He was just about to ask his mother if he could wait outside with James, Ilaria, and Monte, but he came to a full stop when he spotted another boy being fitted for robes by a second witch.