07

"How are you suppose to fit everything in one god damn suitcase?" Marissa murmured in frustration while grabbing clothes out of my closet.

I sit cross-legged on my bed, radio playing a hum and folding my clothes. She was right, I had two suitcases, one for clothes and one for film equipment. One suitcase for a whole tour is tough. I need pyjamas, casual clothes, dressy clothes, bras, underwear, toiletries, the works.

"I have no clue, I'm gonna have to roll everything." I huff as my bed was covered in clothes.

"And what about shoes? Like can you even fit any?" She turned her head around to face me, utter confusion on her face.

"I don't think I can pack any." I bite my lip and look at my suitcase.

"So you're just going to wear your ugly green sneakers with everything?" She asks.

"Okay well, their green and white for starters.." I correct.

"They're ugly." She says while turning back to my closet, pulling more things out I didn't have room for.

"Where's that black dress that makes your legs look super long?" She asks while shuffling.

"I'm not packing that." I cackle with a head shake.

"Why? You're hot as hell in that dress."

"It cuts off right under my ass. I'm not wearing that to take photos at the concert." I laugh.

"Found it!" She exclaims and rips it off the hanger, turning it around and laying the short material on her body. She bought it for me on my birthday one year, I've only worn it like three times.

"Definitely not." I shake my head.

"Well don't wear it when you take the photos, wear it when you go out." She tosses it on my bed.

"Go where?" I arch my brow.

"To all the exclusive parties." She has that deviant look in her eye.

"I don't think I'll be going anywhere with that band." I reject while filing more clothes.

"Oh c'mon, if they invite you to a party you won't go?" She asks.

I nod, being serious.

"Why not?" She furrows her dark brows.

"Do I need to remind you what happened the last time I met this band? It's crazy enough I signed the contract to be apart of their team."

"I know what happened was scary, but Quincy isn't in the band anymore. I met Niall and Louis and they seemed pretty chill." She justifies.

"Still don't trust them." I murmur under my breath, rolling one of my shirts up so it will fit better in my luggage.

I was still trying not to think about all of that aspect of agreeing to this contract; being trapped with those men. I had a really awful time the previous time I was involved with them. If Quincy was still there then I definitely wouldn't be doing this. But the fact I'll be around Harry wasn't making me feel any better.

"Av..." She comes over and sits on the side of the bed in front of me. "You know you'll be okay right? No one is gonna attempt anything like last time..." She places her hand on my ankle as I freeze folding my laundry. Her voice was soft all a sudden, I could tell she's concerned about my attitude going into this.

I huff and toss the shirt into the suitcase, feeling stress take over.

"I'm just—I don't know. This whole thing is so scary to think about. It's just the fact I'm trapped with them, I'm scared maybe something will happen but I know I'm just in my head. The last time I saw the lead singer he was trying to use his fame for sex." I shake my head, my stomach turning as I remember.

"He's an ass, but he wasn't going to hurt you. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but if anything he saved you from someone that was going to hurt you." She states with a small shrug.

I nodded, she was right. A part of me will be thankful for that moment he got me out of, but I still don't think he's a good person.

"It will be awkward when he finds out I'm his new photographer. He's going to make my life a living hell, watch." I shake my head.

"You're there to do a job and that's it. He'll leave you alone if you just stay out of his way I'm sure." She shrugs.

"He beat up his last three photographers because he hates getting his picture taken." I state with a stomach twist.

Her lips scrunch up as she didn't know what to say.

"I guess... don't take pictures of him then." She shrugs and I huff.

"I'm gonna die."

"Relax, he won't hit you I'm sure." She cackles. "Why do they even need a photographer so badly if the lead hates his picture being taken?" She asks a question I've been wondering for a long time now.

"No clue, but they're very dedicated to filling the spot." I shrug,

"Weird."

"I can't wait to see the world though." I fold more clothes in my bag.

"Yeah I'm excited for you, you better send some postcards."

"My grandma says the same thing." I chuckle.

"She's going to miss you like crazy."

"I know, I feel bad for leaving. Winnie too."

"Don't be, they want you to do this."

"I know but I do so much around here to help out my grandma and now I'm just packing up and leaving."

"You can't say here forever and she knows that, she wants you to live your life and get these opportunities while you can." Mar tries to console me on my internal guilt.

I huff and throw myself backwards on the messy bed, shutting my eyes.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." I murmur under my breath.

"You'll have fun, relax." She chuckles, I could hear her tossing more clothes to my suitcase.

Suddenly the door busts open, in running Winnie with a big smile on her face and a roll of toilet paper in her hand. She runs in and hops on my bed like she always does when entering my room, handing me a full roll of toilet paper.

"Here you go." She smiles.

"Why are you bring me this?" I laugh whine retrieving it from her.

"For when you have to use the bathroom on your trip." She says like I was silly for not thinking about that; I couldn't help but laugh.

"Win they're going to have toilet paper for me to use." I smile at the nine year old.

"You never know." She shrugs.

"Well thank you for thinking of me." I tuck her curly brown hair behind her ear.

"How long will you be gone?" She asks.

"A few months." I keep it vague.

"How long is a few months?" She was getting to old to let things just slide by anymore.

I pause and look at Mar at the opposite end of the room, she was standing near my closet with a sad look on her face.

"Eight." I murmur.

"Eight?" Winnie gasps, my heart racing a bit.

"I'll be back at one point to visit, I promise." I smile to try and make this seem a little better.

She pouts and leans forward into me, her head into chest. I wrap my arms around her and dip my head down, kissing the top of her head. Leaving her was one of the hardest things to do. I didn't want to be gone for eight months, that's a long time to miss someone.

"I'll be back before you know it, time will fly." I whisper while rubbing her back.

//