10

After that happened, I hurried off without letting him say another word. I was holding my breath that entire exchange, my nerves getting the best of me.

I found my actual key card in my pocket, meaning I never dropped it to begin with. I don't understand why he could get so annoyed at me by a mistake he made. He dropped his key card and handed it to me thinking it was mine, how am I to blame? Yes I didn't think twice when I read a different number then the one given to me, but I didn't realize it was a different number.

I couldn't get into my real room quick enough, slamming the door and locking in and leaning against it out of breath. I remember shutting my eyes and putting my head in my hands, that whole experience destroying my nerves. I couldn't take in what just happened, what that exchange even was and why it was effecting me so bad.

I feel so stupid now, looking at all that alcohol and thinking the hotel just gives that stuff out for free. I'm not used to these rich things, this is a Four Seasons after all.

My room was nearly the same as his minus the liquor, suckers, and giant window. It was still a beautiful room with a beautiful bathroom, just a bit smaller but I wasn't complaining at all.

This room definitely looked more like it would be mine through, for starters it had the five pound stack of papers I needed to read sitting right on the table.

I spent my night getting comfortable; having a shower, getting in pyjamas, turning on the television, taking out my contacts, and diving into all the paperwork I needed to look through. I had to get this all done before we leave tomorrow and 5Am comes early.

"I get evil." The low voice repeated in my head as I was sitting cross legged on the king size bed, my spine shivering when I remembered it.

What does that even mean? You'll sabotage me?

He says he doesn't get mad, he gets evil. But from the news and videos I've seen of him fighting paparazzi, I'm pretty sure he gets very mad. He has a temper, I know it. Just look how mad he got when I had his room key, and that was his fault.

I shook my head and opened the first page of the syllabus, seeing exactly what parts of the world we'll be and when we'll be there. We were going to some amazing places; Los Angeles, Brazil, Seattle, Melbourne, England, so many beautiful places.

I'm gonna take so many pictures and I'm so excited about it.

I couldn't stop thinking about him taking that sucker out of my mouth and putting it in his own. Why would he do that? Why would he want to do that? He doesn't know me, I could have the flu for all he knows and now he would have it too. My saliva was all over that and yet he put it in his mouth like it was a fresh sucker straight from the package, not thinking about it twice.

I was in for a wild ride if that's how he walks around all the time. There's something about him that doesn't sit well with me and it's more then just his asshole attitude. It's the way he walks around, the way he carries himself. It's like he holds some sort of sonority that's makes others almost timid of him. I barely know him, so these observations are no more then pointless thoughts but I couldn't help but think about it.

He seems to be in a league of his own, doing what he wants and says what he walks unlike the rest of the band. Even today, they were all there when I got introduced except for him. Sal was angry he wasn't there, but doesn't do anything about it.

Harry is the front man of the band, the main attraction so to say. Maybe people don't even bother keeping him in line because they need him so badly.

But once again, I barely know the guy.

The way the tour is laid out is very interesting, we have two days in every city. First day is soundcheck and concert day, second day is business days for the band and mainly personal days for me.

In my contract I have to be around for the sound checks and the concert. And unless if the personal day is something of a special event I need to take pictures for, then I get the day off. There's also a few lay over days in between cities, places we just stay the night between travelling.

Seems pretty sweet if you ask me, I can even go and explore the cities if I'd like.

I highlighted important points in the contract, things that will be good to remember. In every city I'll be in a hotel on the same floor at the band, as well as other crew members. I work for Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam, so I have to be on call at any point of my day or night to take any pictures for them. I don't know how much they'll need a photographer to their disposable 24/7, but you never know.

After reading not even half of the syllabus, I took a break and laid back on the Egyptian cotton known as my hotel bed. I stared at the ceiling and and listened to the television hum in the background. This all didn't feel real still, I was still so nervous I would screw up.

I glanced at the nightstand clock, seeing it was 11:13pm. We had to leave at five tomorrow and I wasn't even done half the book. I had more to sign and look over, but god I was tired after today.

"Breaking news; armed robbers taking on National Embancy bank." The television spoke, making my eyes immediately flick to the screen out of curiosity. "The next clips shown are very raw and uncensored."

I sit up on my elbows and watch as the screen flickered to the next clips.

There was black and white security footage of three armed men running in the large bank like they were in a movie, dressed in all black. The footage didn't get their faces at all really, and it was all over when the one man started shooting at the security cameras so they cut out.

Watching the footage I didn't realize I wasn't breathing until it was over. That happened today? Here, in New York.

It cut to footage of the gun shot victim being wheeled out into the ambulance, blood everywhere which made my stomach clench.

"Holy sh—" I put my hand over my mouth.

"The robbery happened today around 3:25pm. The men escaped in getaway shortly after 3:35pm and haven't been found since. Police are still under footage investigation of the three men that stole allegedly 5.3 million dollars and counting. Victim shot has not been released yet, follow up later on."

That's so scary, to be involved in something like that. My heart went out for those people that were caught in the middle of that hostile situation, thank god only one person was injured.

I flicked the channel to something else, a television show I didn't know the name of but didn't care to really know it. I laid my head back again on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, distracting my mind.

So many thoughts danced in my tired mind but I couldn't even begin to dissect any of them. Tomorrow was the first day of this crazy journey, I was terrified but excited. I needed to stop thinking about all the negatives and really just start looking at this job as a once in a life time opportunity. Bottom line I am so lucky to just be here. Tomorrow I'm gonna get up super early, eat, get ready, maybe even exercise, and have a positive attitude.

But right now, I had to finish reading and signing this whole package. The only thing is—I'm exhausted. My body felt melted into the bed and I had no motivation to even move.

Maybe if I just shut my eyes for a second...

//