17: the brain can be persuaded

"Your late. Again." Chat glared at me. This was my fourth time being late to patrol.

For the past week Chat has had a real sour attitude. I tried to get what was wrong out of him, but he continuously avoided my prying.

"I'm sorry," I replied somewhat sheepishly. I was sorry, but I couldn't explain that between rehearsals, costume design, and spending time with my boyfriend, it was difficult getting to patrol.

"Whatever, just report here in an hour."

"Y-yeah of course."

His hostility was really getting to me.

After patrol I went home and started doing my homework. But it was hard to focus.

"I really wish I knew what was up with Chat." I said to Tiki.

"Yeah, he seems stressed out." Tiki said.

There was a light knock on my window, causing me to jump.

I looked over and saw none other than Chat Noir.

I let him in.

It was weird because his nightly visits had stopped for the past few weeks, and now suddenly here he was.

"Hi." I said, blinking in shock.

"Hi," Chat said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly no." Chat told me.

"Tell me what's up."

"There was this girl I really liked, and I thought she liked me too. But then suddenly she tells me she cant see me anymore, that what we had wasn't even real!"

"That's awful." I told him, and then was struck with guilt. That's exactly what I did to Adrien as Ladybug. However when I saw Adrien at school, he acted completely normal. Which was so not like Chat.

"I don't know what to do." Chat whispered. I could see tears forming in his eyes.

I pulled him in for a hug.

"I know this is probably not what you want to here right now, but you should move on. Obviously this other girl has, so maybe you should too."

"Your right." Chat said.

I smiled at him, glad, that I could be of help.

And then he kissed me.

He was a fantastic kisser, and he kept pulling me closer even though our bodies were touching.

He made my heart race, and unlike kissing Luka, this felt mysterious, dangerous even, and it made me want more.

And then Luka's image popped into my head. Luka, as in my boyfriend Luka.

I pulled away, and Chat looked at me, confusion in his eyes.

"I have a boyfriend, Chat."

He eyes widened.

"Crap, I forgot." He said.

"Its okay, I should have- wait what do you mean you forgot?" I asked. As far as I knew, I never told Chat about Luka.

"Uh, nothing! I got to go, bye!" Chat said, then scurried out the window, leaving me in wonder.

********************************
"She froze my heart, and only an act of true love can save me." I whispered to Hans weekly.

"A true loves kiss..." Hans said, the idea dawning on him.

He leaned forward, and I closed my eyes, waiting for the kiss that I knew would never come.