Fifty Five

Jazmyne sits at her island, scrolling through Elly's account for about the fifth time today. She was distracted that she didn't notice her older brothers walk in.

One, by the name of Korey, walks by, seeing Elly's pictures. "Got a girlfriend?"

Jazmyne jumps, hitting Korey on the chest. "Uh...No".

The other two, Meech and Elijah walk over. "What?"

Jazmyne shuts her phone off. "I don't have a girlfriend".

Elijah looks at Korey, "Aye. You remember her passcode, right?"

Jazmyne smiles, grabbing her phone and running away. "Leave me alone!"

The boys chase her around the house, Elijah grabbing her phone while Korey picked her up. "Stop!"

Korey puts her down and Elijah holds the phone over her head. Jazmyne giggles and reaches up. Elijah throws it over to Meech who doesn't catch it.

"Fuck, Meech, you suck ass".

Meech laughs and hands the phone to Jazmyne. "I will not partake in bullying our little sister".

Jazmyne nods and smiles, "This is why you're my favorite...Anyways...I will show you guys just...can't tell Mom and Dad yet".

Korey shrugs, "Why not?"

"Cause. We're not dating...Just... Flirting".

Jazmyne opens her phone, handing it to Meech. Korey and Elijah walk over to him as they scroll through Elly's account. Jazmyne messes with her fake nails as she watches them.

Korey looks up first, "Hm...".

**
Elly rolls her eyes and puts the orange juice away. "You tell me the same shit every day like... I'm not wearing fucking girl clothes".

"Do you hear yourself? Are you transgender?"

Elly chuckles, closing the fridge door. "No! I'm a lesbian... Meaning I'm a girl...Who likes girls? I'm fine with my gender".

"So dress like one! You're wearing boxers when you should have panti-".

"Aight. We done having this conversation".

"Why? Cause you can't stand to hear the word is panties? Grow up?"

Elly furrows her brows, starting to get angry. "Nah, bro cause you violatin' and being fuckin' disrespectful".

Jason walks out of his bedroom, sighing. He walks to the fridge, grabbing the juice. Ana hums, looking at the computer. "I'm just saying what everyone's thinking".

"Yeah. That's the funny thing cause no one else is fucking thinking that".

Jason nudges Elly a little, hoping to calm her down. Elly shakes her head, grabbing her keys off the counter.

"Where are you going?"

"Out".

Ana shakes her head standing up and walking over to Elly. "Where are you going?"

Jason steps next to Elly, grabbing his mom's hand. Elly looks down at her mom, holding her breath. "The basketball court".

Ana nods, walking back to her computer. Elly walks around, sitting on the couch to put lotion on her legs. Eva walks out of her room and Maya and Isabella run past her.

"Abuela! What's for breakfast?"

Maya walks over to Elly, smiling. "Hi, Tia! Where are you going?"

"I'm going to play basketball".

"B-but I wanna watch Coco with you...a-and princess and the frog...Ooh! And Cinderella!"

Elly smiles, "How about...I go play basketball for a little...Go to the store and buy some snacks and we can watch the movie tonight?"

"Really?"

"Of course!"

"Izzy! We're having a movie date with Tia!"

**
Elly sees Noah, smiling. "Sup bro".

"Sup. Damn, where you get them shoes from? Those are clean".

"Footlocker. Got em in New York though".

"That's tight. Aye, you wanna play 1v1? Or just do some practice for moves and shit?"

"Eh. Practice first. I ain't played inna minute".

Noah nods and grabs the ball, passing it to Elly.

**
Gabi sits up on her bed, grabbing her phone. She calls Lucas, biting her nail.

Lucas looks at his phone, seeing Gabi's contact on the screen. He sets his PlayStation controller down and grabs it. "Hello?"

"Hey... Lucas".

"Uh...What's up?" Lucas looks back at his TV screen, before looking over at Imani who was sleeping.

"I...I wanted to say how I'm sorry I am. I've just been... Dealing with things at home...And I guess I just thought taking it out on my friends would help".

"I just...Don't get it...You can talk to me about anything".

"I know...I just am uncomfortable with the whole situation. I just wanna forget it".

"Okay ...It's okay. Can we talk more at school? Imani is sleeping in my room tonight. She had a nightmare".

"Okay. See you tomorrow".

**
Benjamin smiles at Noah, playing in his hair. "Really? She plays better than you?"

Noah shrugs, "Not saying I was doubting her just...Not expecting her to play that well".

Elly walks over, "What're we talking about?"

Benjamin giggles and looks down to Noah. "Oo. Your crush is walking over".

Elly's eyes widen and she licks her lips. Jazmyne taps Elly's shoulder, smiling. "Hey".

Elly turns around, smiling. "Hey".

"Uhm...My friend over there, the blonde, she's throwing a party and...I was wondering if you'd wanna come? Bring some friends?"

"Yeah, sure. Here...Lemme see ya phone".

Jazmyne grabs her phone, handing it to Elly. "Here...My numba... Now you can text me the info".

Jazmyne nods and smiles. "O-okay...I..I'll text you later".

Elly smiles, licking her lips again. "Okay".

Jazmyne smiles to herself, giggling softly. "Okay". She walks over to her friends before cheesing.

Elly turns back around to Noah and Benjamin shaking her head. "Holy fuck. She's prettier in person".

Gabi walks over, smiling. "Hey... Benjamin, can we talk?"

"Uh, sure...Gimme a second". Noah nods at him and Benjamin gets up.

Gabi sighs, "I...I wanted to say how I'm sorry I am. I've just been...ummmm..Dealing with things at home...And I guess I just thought taking it out on my friends would uhm..would help"...

Benjamin nods, "...Yeah, no... It's fine. Don't worry I won't talk about Kiara to anyone".

"N-no...I didn't mean it...Just-...I'm sorry, okay?"

Benjamin nods, "It's okay, Gabi. I'm fine, okay?"

Gabi nods and smiles. "Okay".

**