Chapter 17 - A visitor

"It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it's been hurt."

Alejandro's POV

I gritted my teeth, watching her leave.

No, mi tesero. I will not let you go.

I breathed deeply and rushed after her. I caught her by her arm in front of the cafe and pulled her into my chest quickly. She lost her balance and bumped into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist quickly and brushed my lips against her lips.

She rested her hands on my chest and tried to push me back, but I tightened my grip around her waist and forced her to open her mouth with my tongue. As she wanted to resist, I bit her lower lip, making her moan. I took an advantage of it and plunged my tongue into her mouth, kissing her in a demanding kiss.

A few minutes later, she finally responded to my kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pressed my bulge against her stomach while devouring her mouth. Fuck! I wanted to take her here and now. My pants were getting tight.

I pulled my lips away barely and leaned my forehead against her forehead. We were panting. Her heart was pounding while I was holding her against my blazing body. I wanted her so much. I hadn't thought before that I missed her this much.

Get a grip, Alejandro! Don't forget why you are here!

She pulled back and bit her swollen lip without looking at me. Her cheeks flushed. I couldn't hold myself and smiled at her expression. It didn't change, she still got shy when I kissed her.

"Umm...I have to go." She mumbled nervously and rushed away. She stopped a taxi and got in it without looking at me.

I breathed deeply, annoyed and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I cleared my throat and called my bodyguard.

"Did you get it?" I asked dryly. "...Ok, be quick." I demanded and hung up. Then I got in my car.

****

I walked into my office and took off my suit jacket. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I snapped and sat down on my seat.

The door opened, and Cedric walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, amigo." He said, grinning and approached me. "I heard you had an important thing to do." He added, giving me a knowing smirk and sat down on a vacant seat beside my desk. "And how is Andrea?" He gave me a mischievous smirk.

I gave him a dirty look. I breathed deeply and grabbed my paperwork, ignoring Cedric with his mocking smirk.

"Why do you want to destroy the engagement plan? Because her father, Michael will not be able to save the company, or you are jealous?" He asked, giving me a sly smirk.

I looked at him, astonished. I cleared my throat and averted my gaze.

"Don't talk bullshit. Of course, because of the company." I replied nonchalantly, looking at my paperwork.

"If you say so." He said, unconvinced.

"Yes, just because of it." I stated, annoyed and bit my lower lip, thinking.

Andrea's POV

It had been two weeks since my conversation with Alejandro. I couldn't get him out of my mind. As much as I tried not to think about him, I wasn't good at it, but he didn't help me either. I bumped into him every day, and he didn't stop sending pink roses to me as well.

Fortunately, Jacobo was abroad. He had meetings in London. He had been there for a week. Otherwise, I didn't know how I would explain to him that the man, who chased me like a puppy, was. Especially, when everyone knew what was happening between our companies. He probably got suspicious.

I breathed deeply and went to the kitchen. I poured some coffee for myself. I felt so tired because of work in the company, but I couldn't fall asleep because of the same man who kept me awake since I met him, before in pleasure, later in pain and now in uncertainty.

I breathed deeply and walked back to the living room. I took a sip from my coffee and placed the mug on the centre table. I grabbed a pair of little white shoes. I stroked the shoes with my fingers, sighing sadly. My mother suggested I give the shoes to someone else or throw it because seeing it made me sad, but I protested.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, interrupting my thoughts. Who is it at this hour? I sighed and placed the shoes on the couch. I stood up and went to open the door. My eyes widened in shock as I looked at the familiar person.

"Alejandro..." I mumbled in surprise.

"Good evening." He gave me a charming smile. I looked at him, dumbfounded without managing to say anything. "May I come in?" He asked, smiling as I didn't say anything.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I finally pulled myself together.

"Will we talk here?" He said sarcastically as he placed his hand into his pocket.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed and took a step back, letting him in. He went to the living room. I closed the door and breathed deeply. I bit my lower lip nervously. My heart was pounding. Suddenly, I remembered about the shoes.

Damn it! I cursed under my breath and rushed into the living room, but I was late. Alejandro was holding the shoes while staring at it, puzzled.

"Whose are these shoes?" He asked, confused as he lifted his head up and looked into my eyes.

"They..." I mumbled in panic. "...They are my cousin's baby's shoes. She forgot them here yesterday." I lied, full of sadness in my voice as I approached him and took the shoes.

"Oh." He nodded and placed his hand into his pocket.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked.

"A cup of coffee, please." He replied.

I nodded and went to the kitchen. I placed the shoes on the counter and leaned my hands against the counter, closing my eyes. I breathed deeply and poured some coffee into a mug. Then I went back to the living room.

He gave me a mesmerizing smile and took the mug.

"Thank you." He said and breathed deeply.

"Why are you here, Alejandro?" I asked as I folded my arms over my chest.