36

Haewon

I couldn't be bothered with my exam but I knew that if I didn't focus I would have to resit it and I wasn't in the mood for that. I only had an hour left and hadn't really done anything. I rubbed the back of my neck and decided to write as quickly as I could.

Most of it was bollocks but I hoped that it would make sense and be half right. As long as I passed I didn't care and since Yoongi promised to treat me to food, I had to try a little bit for him. He was supposed to be waiting for me outside uni with his girlfriend who I still hadn't met.

Yoongi had told me that she worked long hours and finally had the week off. From what he told me about her, she was really down to earth and was similar to him. Just not as antisocial and more chatty. Yoongi always smiled when he spoke about her which was rare so she must have been the girl to change his moody self.

The exam came to an end and I stared at the scribbles across my page. It was amazing how fast one could write under pressure. The lecturer took the paper from me and I grabbed my things to go. I didn't want to be waiting around to hear people giggling about Namjoon breaking up with me.

I did feel like an idiot but not because I fell for him. I felt like one because I didn't have the courage to tell him how I felt and when I did it was either too late or he was stripping someone else. It wasn't my fault I couldn't be honest but growing up I never could understand those emotions. I didn't know why but most of my feelings just confused me. I didn't understand how to feel or react in certain situations and that stressed me out.

I should have told him but I was confused. But when you had your heart stomped on so many times it was hard, to be honest with me. Yuji never helped with that of course. The last boyfriend I had was years ago and she helped ruin another relationship. I was surprised that no girl had knocked her teeth in but I was getting closer and closer to doing it.

For me, I felt sorry for Namjoon because he clearly didn't see what she was like or care. But what could I do? What he did was none of my concern even if it did hurt me to see him with another girl. I just knew that if someone offered that proposition again I would politely turn them down and walk away.

I pulled my bag further into my shoulder and left the uni campus. The sun was relatively warm for once with a few clouds floating around and it made me relax. But only a little bit. I was about to sit through lunch with two love birds and I wasn't going to enjoy it.

"Haewon!"

I almost screamed when someone yelled my name in my ear and I looked up at Jin who was grinning at me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"My birthday is coming up,"

"Congratulations," I said walking away, "Another year closer to death,"

"You are quite morbid today," He said, "I am having a day out and you are coming with me,"

"I'd rather not. Thanks for the invite but you saw what happened last time. I walked out of your place crying,"

"That couldn't be helped. Namjoon is confused. I mean, I don't agree with what he did and we all know he likes you but Yuji is manipulative and seems to get her own way with guys," He shrugged and elbowed me, "You might have made him less innocent, but he is still too innocent. He got really drunk and told me that Yuji was shit at kissing and moved too fast for his liking. Then, he went on about how amazing you were at kissing and never rushed him into anything,"

"Yeah, well that's over,"

"Maybe for now," Jin said, "Did you want to know the reason why he broke this up?"

"He said he-"

"Namjoon lied and I really want you guys to work it out," Jin said pulling me to a stop, "My friend is an idiot but he has never been in love with someone before. No one is at fault that this happened. You were both confused and never found the right time to just be honest with each other. I mean, I don't think I'd be that pissed off if he was kissing another girl but it was Yuji and I can't stand her. I'm sure you'd feel the same,"

I sighed, "Probably but I'd still be upset,"

"The reason he did it, was because he saw you and Hoseok kissing,"

"What?" I said, "So clearly he didn't see me punch and break his nose?"

"That was you?" Jin exclaimed, "What did I say to you? If you are going to hit someone then tell me!"

"Sorry,"

"This is Namjoon's problem. He always leaves the scene too quickly and never listens or watches to see what happens,"

"Which means?"

Jin sighed, "He told me that he heard you talking on the phone in the library something about you not liking him,"

I tutted, "But if he had stayed he would have heard me say that I loved him. What is it with men just jumping to-"

"Come to the amusement park this Friday for my birthday and you can talk to him about it then," Jin said with a smile, "Your drama is giving me a headache and I want you to work it out. I like you Haewon and you are good for my friend. Just like Namjoon is good for you,"

"Alright," I muttered, "I'll go but I don't want to be around people,"

"Your friends already told me they are coming so you don't have a choice," Jin said "Anyway, I should go because there is a really scary guy over there glaring at me and he's cracking his knuckles,"

"He's not scary," I said, "That's my brother and he's a wimp,"

"Is he scared of the sun?" Jin said and I burst into laughter, "What?"

"Shit. My dad has asked him that before because I'm tanned compared to him," I said, "I'll see you Friday and I'll try to call you if I try to punch someone again,"