Fireworks

Look up to the sky and see!

It was July 4, 1964 you and John were at your family's house for the fourth of July. It was a barbeque your family was hosting and even though they weren't too keen on John, your begging finally paid off.

"Does he really have to be here? he's not even family! and that's what the barbeque is."  your brother, Collin complained as you rolled your eyes.

"Well he's my boyfriend Collin! and mom and dad said he can be here so he is." you snapped as he groaned,

"Well mom and dad need their heads examined, (y/n)." He mumbled as John walked in.

"Ello Collin, (y/n)" he smiled as Collin grunted, rolled his eyes and left.

"Did I....do something?" He asked as you shook your head

"No just my little brother is annoyed you're here." You replied as John wrapped his arms around your waist pulling you close.

"Then that's too bad now hm?" He smirked as you blushed kissing him as your father walked in, clearing his throat making the both of you separate.

"If you're going to be in my house, GET your lips off my daughter." He snapped as John backed away putting his hands up defensively,

"Sorry sir, won't happen again." He replied looking down raising his brows.

"Good now get away from her." He snapped as John walked off outside sitting by his lonesome

"Thanks a LOT you douchebags!" you hissed as you followed John outside. He was sat on the top front step smoking staring up at the sky as fireworks burst throughout the air.

I'm sorry about them babe." You smiled as he shrugged continuing to stare at the sky.

"It's ok I know they're just protective over ye." He whispered as you looked at him, kissing his cheek.

He smiled as you both watched fireworks throughout the night.