26

"Eonnie, you'll drown those plants!"

"Oh my!"

Hyun Ae pulled her hand away from Yoon Hee's voice and looked down at the flower pots in front of her. The soil was completely submerged with the water that she had poured onto it.

She sighed, and squatted down, tilting the pot to one side, and pouring the excess water into the small drain behind the plants.

"What has been on your mind?" Yoon Hee sighed, helping Hyun Ae as she took one of the pots and began to tilt it at an angle.

"I... I..." Hyun Ae stuttered, then let out a heavy sigh. "Yoon Hee ah, why did you think he gives those-"

"Ugh! I told you, he might have feelings for you!"

"Shut up! That's not true!"

"Then just brush it off! As he said, it's your birthday gift, or apology something that he mentioned last week. Plus, can't a friend give a present to another friend?"

Hyun Ae went quiet and continued to water the rest of the plants as she proceeded. "Hm... It's just... To say that we're not even that close..."

"Every week, they go to your house, and you're saying that you're not close with them? Hah," Yoon Hee chuckled, shaking her head as she re-positioned the plants outside the shop.

"Whatever. Also..." Hyun Ae let her words hang there as she looked at all the plants that were arranged in one line alongside the exterior of the building, before she said, "these plants have been here for..."

"For since you officially opened this place. Why?" Yoon Hee turned at her friend with a confused look.

"It wasn't from any of us, right?"

"Yes. Neither you nor I had bought these plants."

Hyun Ae then stood up straight, with her facial expression began to change as she touched her chin with her index finger.

"That's another mystery for me to solve. Who had put it here on the day of the grand opening, 2016?"

"It has been years, now you wanted to think about it? There's no more use to do that. You just like to complicate your life. I can't understand you, Hyun Ae eonnie," Yoon Hee sighed, dusting off some dirt on her knees as she stood up beside Hyun Ae. "Life is simple, yet you want to bother yourself by thinking all this unnecessary stuff."

"Okay, fine. Let's go inside."

***

"Let's take a break," the recording engineer spoke into the microphone by his side, looking up from his computer screen towards Jungkook in the recording room.

The singer gave him a thumbs up as he put off his headphones and placed them on the nearby table. He let out a grunt as he left the room and threw himself onto the leather couch in the recording studio.

"Jungkook ah, you're okay?" the engineer asked, turning on his chair to pass a bottle of water to Jungkook, who then took it.

"Hm? Oh... y-yeah I'm fine," Jungkook said, almost inaudible before he took a sip of the water.

"Hah, you don't look like one to me."

"Actually..." Jungkook paused for a moment, scratching the back of his neck with his brows furrowed. "I've been having this weird feeling."

"Why? Are you worried if the recording isn't good enough?"

"No, not that. It's not about me," he mumbled, shaking his head. Then he looked up at the engineer. "It's about Hyun noona."