Chapter 21

They woke up slowly with the rising sun, they had been left undisturbed through the night.

049 woke first, a slow drifting from his sleep to the waking world, not his usual jump to consciousness cause by a barrage of vivid nightmares. It took a moment but he soon realized that 035 and he were a tangle of limbs, and much to his dismay 035 was now mostly limbs.

It took awhile for the mask to stir but once he did he hugged the Doctor tighter and buried his face in the crook of his neck, muttering a good morning.

They couldn't stay that way for as long as they'd wished as the others began to wake and there were things to do.

Once everyone, with the exception of 053, was awake they reviewed the plan one final time.

Once again they clamored into 049's bag and he set off.

While heading towards the docks he wandered into an alley that ran behind a clothes store to find a mannequin. He settled on smuggling two into his bag.

The air by the sea felt cleaner than the air in the city. It was easy enough to find a boat traveling to Europe but he needed to get on.

Quickly walking to a shady corner 049 spoke into his bag. "035, I could use your help."

Soon a pale and bony hand, no doubt Lanky's, rose from the bag holding 035.

049 grabbed 035 and spoke into the bag again, "Thank you." 

"What is it you need dear?"

"I'm lacking anything that could be considered paperwork needed to travel to Europe. So far my thought was that either you could convince them to let me on or 079 might be able to create a fake, any thoughts?"

035 thought for a minute before responding. "While I don't doubt that I'd be able to convince them getting a fake seems like the safer bet."

"Alright then," 049 turned to speak into the bag. "079, do you suppose you'd be able to make a fake of anything I'd need to travel?"

Though slightly muffled 079 could be heard clearly enough. "Yes, it requires a printer and."

"I'll get you to a printer then, here," 049 wrote down a list of what information they would need and placed it in the bag with 035.

t didn't take long for him to find a nearby shop with a printer and 079 finished the preparations quickly enough.

Again 096's hand rose from the bag, this time holding what appeared to be a usb drive, which  049 plugged into the printer.

It took longer than he had hoped it would but eventually all the needed identification for his travel had been printed. They look convincing enough and even if they weren't fooled right away 035 could convince them. 049 headed back towards the docks where a ship was preparing to set sail.

The woman selling the tickets seemed a bit skeptical of him when he approached but that faded a bit after a moment.

"Can I see your identification, sir?"

"Ah, yes, here." 049 was careful not to touch her and was relieved that she wasn't ill.

"Isaac... Dyo Polonoi? Can't say that's a name I've ever seen, what is it?"

"It's Greek."

"That's neat, all that I need now is payment and you'll be all set."

"Right, her you go."

After he'd gotten the ticket he still had at least $100 to spare. 049 waited for an hour before the boat began accepting people onboard.

An invigorating feeling washed over him as he stepped onto the boat, perhaps it was the escape or the fresh air or the chance to return to his home. Whatever it was he didn't particularly care.

He headed to his room as quickly as he could and opened the bag after checking for cameras.

The others slowly began to step out of the bag and into the room, with the exception of 106 who was in less control of his corrosive abilities than 035, he just stayed halfway in the bag.

Quiet conversation was held between the group as the ship departed.