Chapter 19

Kaitlyn's POV

Am I really gonna tell him? You have to. Okay here I go.

"Riker I-" I paused mid sentence and just looked at him. Riker is my best friend I don't want to mess up are friendship. "Riker I don't want to go to school without you tomorrow," I lie.

"You're gonna be fine Kaitlyn," Riker chuckled, "just don't pay attention to them."

"Okay Riker," I smiled, "I should probably go. Get some rest Okay."

"Okay," Riker smiled. I gave him a hug then left. When I got out to the parking lot my mom was still there.

I got in the car and she drove to the dead house, or the house we live in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riker's POV

I felt like that's not what Kaitlyn wanted to tell me. What was she really going to tell me?

I was shaken from my thoughts by Ross coming through the door.

"Are you and Kaitlyn an item yet," he giggled.

"No, and you're lucky it hurts to move or I'd hurt you," I mumbled.

He just laughed, and then mom walked in.

"Ross stop harassing your brother," she ordered.

"Yes mom," Ross grumbled.

"Thank you mom," I smirked.

"Get some rest sweetie, we'll be back tomorrow," she smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Okay Bye mom," I smiled.

She and Ross left the room and I was all alone. One is the loneliest number after all.

After a while I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaitlyn's POV

We pulled up to the house and Bill's car was outside. I looked at my mom and we both had the same expression. Scared.

"Just don't mention anything," she ordered, "just go to bed."

I nodded in approval, and we got out of the car and went inside. When we got inside Bill was on the couch talking to.......Uncle Kurt.

Long story short Uncle Kurt raped my mom and Bill let him. I fear for my virginity.

"Kurt what a pleasant surprise," my mom lied.

"Nice to see you again Melinda," he smiled then looked at me, "is that Kaitlyn?"

"Yes it is," Bill replied. Kurt got up and gave me a hug.

"You've grown up so much," he smirked.

"Kurt is going to be staying with us for a week," Bill grumbled.

"Okay I'm going to bed," I announced heading upstairs. As soon as I got to my room I lock the door.

When I turn around Riker's blood is still there. My poor Riker.

I shake my dad thoughts and just crawl into bed. I have prepare myself for tomorrow.

Riker is leaving me to fend for myself against Derek and Claudia. I don't think I will survive.

Those two make my life a living hell. Maybe I'll just skip school and go to the beach house. I need Riker.

Riker. The reason I breathe. He's hurting because of me. If I wasn't here Riker wouldn't be going through that pain.

If I wasn't here maybe my mom would be good relationship, instead of being with that idiot Bill. Maybe if I wasn't here everything would be better.

Maybe if I was dead everybody would be happy. No Kaitlyn don't think like that. But it's true.

I get up from bed and walk over to my dresser. I'm pretty sure I stepped in Riker's blood but I don't care.

I dig around until I find my weakness, the razor blade. I take it and sit on my bed.

It's gonna take the pain away, Do It. Don't listen to that monster it's hurting you.

As my thoughts fight in my head I have already chosen a side. I swipe the blade across my wrist and watch the blood trickle down my wrist.

It's my last resort.