Chapter 11

KABIR

The name 'coffee' suits her. She even has dark brown eyes. She is cute when she gets nervous and that is so visible on her face. She calls her blushing face as 'It's hot today!' 

"Is everything alright sir?" Mr. Danny Cruz speaks. He is the head consultant of our company and one of my great friends and mentor. After my friends he was there with me. In all the dark times he was like a father figure to me. Presently I am in our private jet to Johannesburg, South Africa for a deal with a company there. 

"Nothing Dan." I say. He watches me intently. "What?" I frown.

"Guessing what's making you smile so much?"

"It's nothing." I blankly state. He shrugs his shoulder and the pilot announces us to get ready for the landing. It's just yesterday I got to know her officially and she is getting into my thoughts now?

Entering the hotel Dan goes to the reception to enquire about our rooms. Casually I walk and fiddle with the newspaper. "Kabir; let's go!" Dan says standing behind me. 

I enter my suit and the bell boy gets my luggage after me. Dan is in the adjacent room. Quickly going for a shower and coming back I see a text from Dan and three missed calls from Rohan and one from Priya. Opening Dan's text I read that he called me in the cafe down. In the lift I call Rohan but he is busy and same with Priya. 

Rohan picks up the call on the third ring by the time of which I reach the cafe. "Hello!" I hear Rohan's voice.

"Hey!" I say while I search for Dan.

"How are you?" He asks.

" Fine. Okay talk to you later. Got to go! Bye" I see Dan and instantly hang up the call. Reaching the table for two I sit and face Dan, the man in his mid forties with slight white beard and greying hair above his ears. 

He looks adorable but how come he isn't married till now? Well good he doesn't get into the matter of love." The company has some issues and so the meeting is set for tomorrow." He informs me.

I face palm myself. " Now what?" I enquire.

"Now my son we will enjoy! Get yourself rest for a day." He says with a smile.

I nod and smile when a waitress reaches our table and eyeing at me she speaks, " Coffee? Or Something else?"

Coffee!Yeah it was pretty hot. Her eyes were so expressive when she had covered her face. Does she put makeup on? Or didn't I notice?

"She is cute?" I hear a voice and instantly say, "Yes." I smile. What just happened? When I look up it was Dan smirking. "You see I already ordered for you? While you were lost in her thoughts....."

"There isn't any 'her' in my mind." I say while stirring my coffee which the same waitress just kept before me.

"So she is cute? I see..." Dan brings her up again.

I lift my eyes up and stare at him with disbelief. He simply looks into my eyes and with a grin and says, " Boy tell me more about her."

I sigh and tell her about whatever happened with me and Aditi. He listens to me carefully with a huge smile on his excited face. "What is so exciting in this? She is just like the other girls and just for a moment I got reminded of her!" I conclude.

He says nothing and seems to be in a thought. I let out a breath and we get up after I sign the bill to be added to my room's bill. Entering the lift I see the time and it is 6:05 pm. We don't speak a word in the lift. Getting out on our floor Dan speaks up, " Just for a moment you thought of her?" There is seriousness in his voice. " Ye....yeah!" I manage to lie. Lie! At many a times I thought of her.