Redial - OVA

He sat up and looked outside his room window. Has life always been this calm? It was beyond perfect, the coolness, the tranquility, the peace, it was almost mesmerizing and he smiled. Until that memory hit him.

"I'm a full fledged orphan now," he whispered to himself. "I lost my mom, my dad and now my sister." All of a sudden the tension which had been building up in his life returned. "Damn you, Rui."

His head lifted when he heard the door open and his doctor walked in with someone trailing behind him.

"How long was I out this time?"

"Only a few hours," the man replied. "I've brought a friend."

"Masato!" Akari ran and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Hey, take it easy." He hugged her and smiled. "I've still not recovered yet."

Her left arm was wrapped all the way up to the shoulder but she seemed to swing it around without feeling much pain.

"Sorry. I'll be gentle."

Dr. Takeda pulled up a chair and took a long, deep sigh. "I have some news for you two. I'm not sure if its good or bad though."

Akari turned to him. "What is it, dad?"

The man brushed back his hair and turned to Masato. "I shouldn't be telling you this but young Miss Isayama has been rendited to the Shiba Clinic in Tokyo..."

"What?" Masato half shouted then felt the insane agony return.

Akari's brow forrowed. "How can that be? She died."

Dr. Takeda shook his head. "She only suffered a small wound to the oesophagus and the hospital had a meeting on where to send her." He stopped and rubbed his beard. "Did she have a boyfriend or any male she was around a lot?"

Masato bit his lip. "Uh, not that I know of. What is it?"

"During the surgery her body was releasing a large amount of testosterone."

The two looked at each other. "Meaning?"

The doctor rose to his feet. "It means she's pregnant. The thing I can't understand is how she convinced the board to let her keep it." Without saying much afterwards, he left the room.

"Masato?" Akari was holding on to him but he was in complete shock. "Masato, answer me."

His arms dropped and his teeth gritted. All of a sudden he burst out laughing uncontrollably.

"Masato, you're scaring me."

"Forgive me. It's just really funny." He stopped laughing and soon after he started crying. "How could I be so stupid?"

Akari held him. "What do you mean?"

"She said she wanted to start a family. I had no idea she was already in the process of doing that."

"You're just like all of them, you dummy. You only think about having fun all the time and never think about the consequences."

He suddenly pulled her to him and squeezed her as much as he could. "Akari, I need you to marry me."

The girl peered at him. "Will you be looking after that child?"

Masato nodded. "There may be a chance its not mine."

"What do you mean?"

He looked away from her. "Naofumi raped her."

Akari looked up. "Who is that?"

Masato gritted his teeth. "A cheeky bastard that's been gunning after Rui before we moved here."

The girl smiled. "If you let me call that child my own I'll be happy to marry you."

He twisted his lip. "You know, there's bound to be some problem with a child I made with my sister."

She put her hand around his nape and kissed him. "Either way, I'll be happy to take care of it."

He looked back out the window. "Rhe biggest challenge is getting Rui to hand it over. She'll want to keep it, evenin the asylum."

"I'm sure I could ask a favor of my dad." She crossed her legs and gazed off into the diatance. "I'll feel bad for her though."

Masato dropped himself back. "I guess we can go see her. Its just that its gonna be weird see the person who killed my dad."