43

"Truth or dare?" Poppy, a girl from the second year asked Alexandra.

"Dare."

"Pick truth for once, won't you? We're running out of dares." Susan said.

"Dare." Alexandra repeated.

"Oh, I know." Hermione jumped in. "For the whole day tomorrow, you have to say yes to anything asked of you."

"What?"

"You have to say yes to everything."

"No."

"You know the rules Alex. If you refuse your dare, you have to pick truth." Hermione grinned evilly.

"Then I pick truth."

"Do you fancy anyone in this school?" Poppy asked.

"I don't know." She answered honestly. "How do you know if you fancy someone?"

"You like them. You want to spend time with them. You get nervous around them, but, like, a good nervous with butterflies in your stomach." There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Megan called. Cedric poked his head through.

"Hey, we heard you guys were having a party in here and thought you might need snacks." He said.

"Who's we?" Alexandra asked, her tone slightly accusing. Cedric walked into the room carrying a tray of nachos and dip. Behind him were a couple of other kids Alexandra knew to be on the quidditch team. Ernie's jaw dropped, and Hannah nudged him.

"Just this bunch." He shrugged.

"You're all welcome to join us, if you want." Hannah said.

"Wish we could but we've got to be up early for Quidditch practice." Cedric said.

"Yeah, we've got this captain who's sole purpose is to work us to the bone." One of the teammates said. Cedric laughed.

"Thanks, girls, but maybe next time." They set down trays of snacks and drinks, and he saw Ernie. "Uh, I meant girls and Ernie."

"I- bu-" Ernie stuttered and Hannah nudged him again.

"Have a good night." Hannah smiled kindly and he nodded and they all left.

"Was that our quidditch team in your dorm?" Poppy exclaimed.

"Cedric Diggory knows my name. Cedric Diggory knows my name." Ernie said.

"No need to be so awestruck. He flies about on a broom whacking balls through hoops."

"Technically he flies about trying to catch a ball. He's a seeker, remember?" Hermione said. Alexandra rolled her eyes. "You should know this, considering half your family play the sport." Alexandra threw a popcorn at Hermione.

"Let's play another game."

"You still haven't answered the question."

"Yes I did. I said I don't know. That is an answer, and it was true."

"Fine, we'll play a few more rounds and then we'll do something else." Susan shrugged.

"Or we can do something else now."

"You're just saying that because you don't want any more truths and you don't want a dare."

"Congratulations. You've figured out what it means to not want to play truth or dare."

"You can't stop a game just because you don't want to play it anymore."

"Fine. My turn. Hermione, truth or dare."