scene 50(jeez louise)- back

He couldn't bare to watch her, or hear her. He had to leave. He looked back at Zelda before looking away again and leaving. He was leaving without telling her. But he wasn't actually leaving. He wasn't running off, not without his sword. Anyway, he wanted to see the others. Maybe he'd be able to relax there.

He sat down and looked up at the sky. Castle Town really looked different without the Malice everywhere. Even the sky was different. It was a nice light blue. Not that weird brownish red.

He hated that blue. It made it seem like everything was fine. And it was. It was just him that was messed up. Everyone else was just trying to fix him.

Maybe the Yiga had that right idea getting rid of him and all. He was pretty useless, especially now that he had done what he was supposed to do. Now he was just supposed to follow Zelda around or something. It seemed like that'd be more of a nuisance than helpful.

And seeing as he wasn't very helpful in the first place and he couldn't do anything right, he'd just be a nuisance.

But Zelda didn't want him to leave. Probably because he'd just embarrass her and put out a bad image. But that would also mean that it'd be harder to go visit the others. Oh well. There were plenty of place to hide.

●●●

"Princess! We're back!"
He didn't react to the sound of the knights returning. He did listen to what they were saying, though.

"Oh, good. Did you get the Master Sword?"
"Yes. But Rin is badly injured."
"Oh, no! He's the best knight!"

Best knight? Best knight? Best knight?
He really was a shit knight, then. Even Zelda thought so. She might even replace him with this Rin guy.

He was so focused on this that he didn't hear the rest if what Zelda said.

"He's the best knight! Apart from Link, of course. Not that Rin isn't good. Anyway, you need to get him to the medic..."

~~

"Link! Link, where are you? Come get your sword!"
He rubbed his eyes and stood up. He couldn't give anything away. He couldn't let her know that he was upset. She'd just worry about him more.

"Coming!"
He walked over to where Zelda was. She was holding his sword, and when he reached her, she held it out.

"Is something wrong, Link?"
"Huh? No, no. Everything's fine! I'm fine."
She looked at him like she didn't quite believe him, but she said nothing.

He took the sword from her and walked away quickly. He found a nice tucked away spot and stuck the sword into the ground.

~~~

The sight that greeted him when he appeared was not what he usually saw. Instead of jumping up to say hi, Wind was sitting on the ground, drawing a circle in the dirt over and over again. Instead of waving at him, Twilight was sitting at the table, his head lying flat on the table. Time was next to him, looking down at his hands, which were folded on the table. Legend was nowhere to be seen, and Warrior was sitting on the table, twirling his scarf around his hand.

Only Time and Warrior looked up at him. Time smiled, but Warrior got off of the table, eyes wide.

"Um, hi. What's up with everybody?"
At the sound of his voice, Wind looked up. He said a simple, "Hey," in a monotone voice before looking back down and continuing to trace the circle.

Wild walked over to the table and awkwardly sat down. As he got closer to the table, he noticed that Time was humming something. He seemed to do that a lot. Twilight raised his head and looked at him before quickly turning his head away.

Wild also looked down. The weird way everyone was acting was probably because of him. He blinked.
"Sorry."
Twilight looked at him again.
"You don't have to apologize. It's-"
"This is my fault," Wind cut in. "I got mad at him. I'm the one who should be apologizing."
Wild looked over at Wind.
"No. You just got mad. I overreacted."
"You did more than overreact."
He looked at Warrior, who made that comment. Warrior looked at him apologetically. "Sorry. That's not something I should be joking about, huh?"

Wild shrugged and looked down at his lap.
"Let's stop talking about this. I came here so I wouldn't have to think about it." He stood up. "Anyway, it already happened, and we can't change that."
Twilight looked up at him sadly. He sighed and sat back down.
"I'm fine, Twilight."

Twilight eyed the bandages on his head.
"I don't think your head is. What happened to you?"
He had forgotten about that.
"Uh... let's just say that I am very clumsy and not good at my job."
"And what about your arm?"
"Oh, I, uh... I, um, cu- no, um... you know what, I was just being reckless. Wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. Scratched my arm on a rock."
"Hmm."
"I didn't- Zelda took my stuff. I couldn't have done that. Anyway, it's not like I'd want to."

He crossed his arms defensively as several of the others looked at him, confused.
"He- sorry."
Twilight started to explain, but Wild glared at him.
"Quit telling everyone my business. Anyway, that's not important right now."

As Wild spoke, someone appeared behind him. He turned and saw Legend standing there. He waved and said,
"Oh, Wild! You're back!"
"Hey. You're the only person not acting all sad."
"Uh, sure. So, you talk now."
"Yup."
"Cool."

Legend walked over to the table and set his stuff down on it.
"So, how have you been?"
"Um, good."
"What's with the bandages?"
"I'm shit at my job," he exclaimed in a jokey manner. Legend laughed.
"For real, what happened?"
"I'm clumsy and also some assassins attacked Zelda and I and they knocked me out and took the Master Sword. So that was fun."
"Huh. Interesting."
"Really f**king fun. I'm great at my job. I got knocked out by a guy wearing a f**king mask that covers their whole goddess-damned face so they can barely see. I'm wonderful. Amazing, in fact."
Wild stood up and took a deep breath, pausing his rant.
"You guys are f**king stupid."

He turned away and calmly walked off. The only sign that he was upset was the fact that his fists were clenched.

●~○~●

[A/N] Man is this long. And it's barely in the meat of the story. I didn't expect for this to get to 50 freaking chapters. When I started writing this, it was mostly just supposed to be a bunch of scenes that make a general story. J still can't believe this has gone past 40 chapters, tbh.

So, thanks for reading this far! This kind of needs the same commitment that Warrior cats does lol