Chapter 12

(WARNING) there are some sexual themes in this one, but nothing really bad.

A week had passed by since that night, and each day you and Benny took turns with having the puppy at either of your houses. Of course when the puppy was at your house he came to stay the night, claiming that the little baby needed both parents there with her.

Naturally this resulted in you staying at his place when Ruthie did.

Also you both started calling her Ruthie.

Today was the fourth of July, and you and the boys were out playing all day. At dinner time you all went to your houses to participate in some family time, but after about an hour of sitting at a table with your mom and Mikey, things got a little testy.

"Ya know Mack, your mom tells me you and your boyfriend took in that little dog." Mikey said, using his hands as he spoke.

You were obviously annoyed at the fact that he was even here, it was worse that he was actually talking to you.

"My boyfriend has a name. It's Benny." You paused, giving Mikey the stank eye before continuing. "And yeah, we found that puppy trapped under the garbage dump at the end of the street." You said calmly, going back to poking the food on your plate.

"Hey now, I was just curious. What's the dog's name?" he raised his hands in defense, as if he's never done anything wrong. What a punk.

"Babe Ruth. We call her Ruthie." You never looked up, but just continued to stare down at the food you were poking at, but no longer eating.

"Ah, I see. You both really love baseball eh?"

Now you were just flat out annoyed. Why was he even trying to talk to you? He knew what he did, it's not like he was clueless about his actions in the past.

"Yup."

At that exact second, there came a knock from the door, to which you jumped from your seat, reaching over to the rack behind the table to grab your hat.

"That's actually Benny right now. We're gonna go play a night game so I'll see ya later." You saluted them both, and gave a fake smile, turning on your heels and leaving for the front door.

As soon as you opened it, you gave Benny a big hug. He was slightly confused, but still took the embrace anyway. He was always happy to see you.

"You could not have shown up at a better time Benny man." You patted his chest before slinging on your hat and tucking the loose strands of your hair inside of it.

"Glad I could be of service. What exactly did I save you from this time?" he nudged your shoulder when you both turned around to start walking.

"Well, to make a long story short, Mikey." You joked, even though you despised the man, you still felt good to joke about him around Benny.

"What'd he do this time?" Benny got slightly more on edge whenever Mikey was mentioned. Something in him just turned super over protective of you whenever he had done even the slightest thing.

"You can relax. He was just being annoying. Started asking a lot of questions." You stated plain and simple.

Before you knew it, you both were standing in front of Ham's house, watching as he came outside, stuffing his face with every food he could get to.

Every year, the whole block had a huge party for the 4th of July, making it the biggest event of the year. Except for new years of course.

There were tables set up all the way up and down the street, with hot dogs, burgers, sausages, you name it. This is why Ham loved this holiday so much, there was so much to eat.