Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

Theodora marched out of her bathroom, an all black pan suit framing her body as she nodded at Malcolm who lounged on the couch.

"Why so dressed up?" He questioned.

"Didn't you say Gil wanted us somewhere in an hour or something?"

"Oh." His face squished together, "I was wrong. Oops."

"How could you be—" she stopped, clueing in to what he had done. He knew she wouldn't of left that forest so willingly unless something very important came up. "You sly son of a—"

"Hey!" He shot up, "Watch your language."

Theodora snorted, walking past him as she flipped her wet hair over her shoulder, droplets flying towards him. He huffed, "Rude."

She glanced at the clock blinking blue, it was already mid day. Malcolm headed for the door, a hand grasping the knob. "I'm going to head out."

"Really?" She looked over at him, "Am I that terrible of company?"

He gave her a big smile, opening the door wide.  "In deed you are, Theodora." He waved, stepping out, the door shutting behind him. Theodora crossed her arms from where she stood, a glare shining off of her face.

She walked up to the wooden door and locked it soundlessly before running to her room where she shedding her fancy police outfit and pulled on a pair of sweatpants that had been crumpled on the floor and a black long sleeve she didn't remember buying. Theodora sat in front of a long mirror leaning against her wall and braided her wet hair, after leaving her room for the couch that sat in the living room. Her phone sat on the side table, grabbing it she opened up a food app and ordered a large pizza.

"Finally." She mumbled, clicking order. "I can eat some food."

Her hand landed on the remote, and the TV blinked on to the news where a women stood standing in front of a mountain range.

"A chest has been discovered buried in Trembley Woods today at 2:00 am after one detective's dog sniffed his way through the large forest. The little guy went crazy at this point and so police began digging." The women nodded, pointing behind her. "Locks of blonde hair were found inside along with shards of fabric and a chain. We are learning more as the investigation continues."

Theodora frowned, changing the channel. A tune filled the speaker, followed by a loud dun-dun. She leaned back, getting comfy.

Something buzzed next to her, Theodora grabbed ahold of her phone and saw Malcolm's face flashing in front of her. She clicked answer, bringing it to her ear. "Greetings."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

Malcolm chuckled, "I'm grabbing food. Want any?"

"I ordered pizza."

A gasp, "How dare you."

"You said you were leaving."

"Because I was grabbing food for a surprise." He huffed, "Now you've ruined it!"

Theodora laughed, "Have you ordered it already?"

"Yes. Chinese food."

"Bring it over. I'll share my Pizza if you share the Chinese food."

A pause. "Deal."

"Oh! And, wear something comfy. I don't know how you wear suits all day every day. Isn't it uncomfortable?"

The line went dead and she smiled at her phone, tossing it next to her.