¹⁰, WHAT A TIME FOR APOLOGIES

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter ten; What A Time For Apologies
Are you apologizing to be forgiven, or because you feel bad? "

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄chapter ten; What A Time For Apologies" Are you apologizing to be forgiven, or because you feel bad? "

  LILY EVANS, ADMITTEDLY, did not expect to walk into The Three Broomsticks and see Salem Gerard rushing about. Sure, the redhead didn't notice her newest friend before she noticed her ex-boyfriend and his friends, but as soon as Lily laid eyes on the frantic girl ducking beneath a bar she surely shouldn't have been behind, she glided over.

  "You stole Roman's job."

  "What— Ow!"

  "Oh, geez," Lily rushed around the bar after hearing a loud thump, squatting beside the girl cradling her head, "Sal, I am so sorry—"

  "No, it's fine," Salem said tightly, rubbing her still-store skull, "I'm just daft."

  "Well, that's not true," Lily said, standing before offering Salem a hand up.

  "Prongs, Prongs, Prongs—"

  "What is it, Padfoot?!"

  "Evans, Gerard, together," Sirius sputtered.

  "I think we've found Padfoot's biggest fear," Remus remarked dryly, glancing at James whose eyes lingered on the redheads, "Wanna get out of here, mate?"

  "Nah," James shook his head, turning back to the three, "Mystery Girl wrote me back again."

  "You work here now?" Lily asked, watching Salem nudge a lilac box further beneath the bar.

  "Yeah," Salem nodded, "Um, needed some extra spending money."

  "Sally," Roman greeted, raising his eyebrows once he rounded a corner, "You've multiplied."

  "Oh, right, sorry," Salem fired off, not noticing her facade had already begun crumbling, "Um, this is Lily Evans she's a classmate— friend, sorry— and she is totally not supposed to be back here."

  "Letting it slide," Roman waved as Lily rounded the bar again, the man set down a box of freshly cleaned glasses and began putting them away, with Salem's assistance of course.

  "I didn't know you went by Sally," Lily said tentatively.

  "Went by—?"

  "Yeah, it's a nickname," Salem said to Roman quickly, busying herself with the glasses, "Um, short for. . ."

  "Salem. . ?"

  "Jesus," Salem mumbled under her breath, a hot flash overtaking her body from embarrassment and slight panic.

  "You've forgotten your own name now, have you?" Sirius asked, leaning on the bar. "Swooped in at just the right time."

  "You're an ass," Salem bit.