Chapter 2

Almost an entire year went by as Akali nor Evelynn could seem to find each other.

Neither had forgotten each other, that single night at the bar lingering in Evelynn's mind whenever she lit a cigarette. 

It was now Autumn, the air was brisk as yards and streets were covered with leaves.

Continuing her life, Evelynn managed to enter a prestigious college despite her attitude towards most things in life. 

Today was a new day, she barely talked to anyone anymore. Maybe college would change that.

Evelynn had left her house, a large bag at her hip, magenta hair in French braids.

Her amber eyes look towards the clouded sky, The Diva hoping it wouldn't rain on her first day of college. 

Rummaging through her bag, she saw the same hat belonging to Akali resting at the bottom in almost perfect condition. 

Ripping her gaze from the cap, Eve grabbed what she needed.

Removing her hand from inside her school bag she put a pair of sunglasses on the bridge of her nose and sighed.

The female examined herself in the glass window. She was dressed in Black jeans and a soft white Winter coat with a tank top underneath.

Evelynn began walking down the sidewalk, Sipping a cup of coffee in her hand as she put in a pair of wireless earbuds. 

After walking for half an hour, Evelynn finally arrived at the dormitories. Searching for her number she finally set eyes on a door with the same number on the key she grasped in her palm. 

Taking a deep breath, Evelynn unlocked the door and turned the handle unveiling what would be her home away from home.

The floors were cherry tree wood while the front before her was similar to a small living room.

Nothing but a rug, small loveseat, coffee table, and a TV.

The Diva stepped inside, hearing music behind one of the closed doors.

The thought of her new roommate being Akali made her laugh in her mind.

Shrugging off the idea of such a thing, Evelynn went to the second bedroom that already had most things the average person in college would need. A desk, bed and a dresser for her clothes, Even a sliding door closet. 

"This is my home now I guess."

The female tossed her bags into her bed, ignoring the person's music.

After 30 minutes of setting down her things and unpacking her room almost looked completely different.

The once bland room had a color combination of red and purple.

Her curtains were a dark red, Evelynn's bed covered in a purple sheet and blanket. 

Her pale wooden floor was covered with a light grey rug.

Evelynn sat at her desk, She was satisfied with the major changes to her room.

Her amber eyes examined the desk. On display was the hat Akali left behind last year.

A question lingered in her mind; Why did this girl affect her so much? Having only met once, Was she really worth thinking about?

Shaking her head, she lifted up the hat, brushing her fingers across the rim with a smile.

Unexpectedly her door quickly opened, A high-pitched voice followed.

"Hello, Roommate!!" 

The short female cheered happily.

Evelynn put the hat down in quick haste as she turned around to face the new roommate who she might be able to get along with.