Chapter Eleven

"So, we have Fast and the Furious... all of them, Braveheart, Gladiator, Terminator, The Purge," I laughed and paused in reading through the movie selections.

We had just come to our room and Jonah had already settled on the bed with our food. He had piled up our pillows against the wall and made us a sort-of fort-like structure.

But me? He had given me the job of choosing our movie from the DVDs this bedroom had and would not let me eat until I put one in. So awful.

"I have no clue why I'm surprised to find that the majority of the movies mankind decided to save and keep are action or horror. But I am."

A deep chuckle sounded from across the room, from where Jonah was on the bed. "Well, we are men and wolves. I don't think it's much of a surprise. But, if it gets me some bonus points, when we finally get home, I'll show you our vast collection we've scrounged up from one hundred years of scavenging."

My brows lifted as a smirk flitted across my lips, "There are so many things you just said that I want-no, need to respond to and I have no clue where to begin. First, what does being a man and wolf have anything to do with your movie selections?"

Before I could blink, tingles erupted through my body as I was pressed against the wall, with his heavy arms on either side of my face and his body pressed up against mine.

His voice came out in a deep rumble, vibrating my chest. "It's because, baby, in the world you have come from I believe you call the ultimate man a man's man- and I am that but much more."

My eyes widened and my breath caught, leaving me suddenly feeling like I needed something to drink.

My tongue darted out to lick my suddenly parched feeling lips and I saw his eyes hone in on the movement, beginning to glow gold.

But, though I had decided to give us a shot and was beginning to develop feelings for him, I still had a part of me wanting to resemble some semblance of the control that I relatively had in my old life.

Though it did not come out completely as I had planned, I decided I couldn't delve into all that right now so I just decided to mess with him. "One, baby? Really? That the best you can come up with?"

Okay. Who was I kidding? I liked it. A lot.

"Two, a 'man's man?' Do you even know what that means, Jonah?"

He growled, eyes still glowing but with a hint of amusement added to it, and leaned forward to nip the corner of my lip. Then he growled again without pulling away, his breath fanning over my lips.

"Of course I do, baby. It's a man who is comfortable in any environment. One who is strong and built- not from a gym or some set routine made to make him look appealing to a woman, but from hard labor and a hard-working life he chooses to live. A man who can take care of his woman in all the ways that count- whether it's keeping her safe mentally and physically or knowing when his woman needs a break. So he gets her some food and takes her to their room for a relaxing evening of eating and watching a movie- just the two of them."

As he continued to talk, my wide eyes stared in shock and wonder. Mostly because he seemed to be taking my personal definition of what a so-called 'man's man' was, but also because he was actually relating it to things he had done for me.

"A man's man is a real man who can take care of any situation you need him to but also knows not to hold you back. He knows, being a man's man, he has a woman who is just as strong-willed and wonderful as he is. A woman who will be there every step of the way with him as both a woman and his woman."