chapter twenty eight

"Thank you guys so much for coming tonight. Get home safe," I smiled at the lovely couple.

They had left me a hearty tip which sent me over the moon. I didn't expect hearty tips, but they were much appreciated. Especially after a long shift. I ended up clearing the table as they refused to accept my thank you before they left. I ended up in the back, placing the dishes in the kitchen.

"You're great with people," Sofia noted. "They made sure to tell me that they don't think we're paying you enough."

I laughed softly. "They were sweet."

"People love Natalia," Jasmine said, a proud smile on her face. "She even has regulars now that come just for her."

I smiled modestly as Sofia sent me a 'really?' look. "Maybe we do need to be paying you more." She crossed her arms. "By the way, Samael wants to see you. You could always bring it up to him. He's a very generous man and is always looking for hardworking employees. I'm sure he'll be understanding."

She walked away before I could even ask what he wanted with me. I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach. My eyes moved to Jasmine, but I already found her looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What does he want?" She asked.

"I don't know," I mumbled, my eyes moving away from her. "But I'll go see..."

I felt nervous for some reason Maybe it was because I just knew that he would want nothing good. I hadn't seen him since the incident in Lila and Rafael's apartment-The day that everything had changed for me completely. I clenched my jaw tightly as I made my way out of the kitchen and went straight to his office. I needed to face it as soon as possible or else I would drive myself insane wondering what he had wanted. As I raised my fist slowly to knock, the door swung open by itself. Samael was sitting at his desk, his eyes trained on me with a coy smile on his lips.

"I've been expecting you," he said, leaning back in his chair. "Please come in."

I gritted my teeth. I knew he had supernatural powers. He was the fucking devil-Lucifer himself. But it still made me scared yet angry at the same time. He was reinforcing his power over me without even having to say a word about it like the smug fucker he was. Aries and Silas rarely showed me their demonic sides, which often led me to even forget what they were and what they were capable of doing. I sometimes forgot that they were just like him-almost exactly the same.

I crossed the threshold and entered the room. I hadn't even gotten a few steps in when the door shut behind me. I still flinched as I felt the gust of wind behind me and heard the loud slam. I tried my hardest to act confident, so I walked further into the room and stood in front of his desk. I stood still, my chin held high as his eyes remained trained on me.

He smirked slightly, his eyes raking over my frame. I scoffed under my breath, which he caught. He had absolutely no shame, but arguably neither did I. That man had absolutely no business being so attractive. He really didn't. But I wouldn't crumble so easily-hopefully. I had to believe that I wouldn't, or I just might have been on my knees in seconds. Not sexually, but maybe I couldn't make that promise.

"What do you want?" I asked dryly, crossing my arms over my chest. I was trying to keep myself in check. I feared no one. But he made me just the slightest bit uncomfortable.