Chapter Eight - Octopus Love

Melody arrived at the apartment building. She remembered the first time being there... the heartbroken she felt. She walked inside the building. Just at that moment she bumped into someone. The guy felt on his back whilst melody felt on him. "im sorry..." melody said without seeing who its. "melody... why do we meet up like this..." max said to her with a smile. He hold her tight. "max!..." melody blushes as he had his arms around her. It felt so great. There face were close. Almost at the point to kiss each other.

"hey chicky! What are you doing with that stupid guy!" a male voice. Melody quickly up. "nothing..." melody said being embarrassed. Max stood up too. "I was helping her with sports." Max said defending melody. "haha! You don't need his help. He his a nerd." The male said. He reveals himself. It was james! James walked up to her and pulled her against him. "hey!..." melody said in shook. Max pulled her back and quickly kisses her on her mouth. Melody shocked of his action, but kissed him back. James got jealous. Max stopped after awhile go. "go away she is mine now!" max said holding melody tight. James looked angry and left. Melody was in shock still.

"im sorry melody... I had to to protect you." Max said to melody. Melody looked at him and couldn't speak. "melody?... im really sorry... I hope it doesn't broke our friend ship..." max said being worried. "its okay... its okay... it... felt so good..." melody said. "you liked it don't you?" max asked. "yes... but no I don't want that..."melody said trying to stay strong. "okay..." max said.

"well I have to go I see you around!" max said as he left. "see you, max..." melody said being a little scared. Did we kissed. I cant believe it. As melody thought it when she get to her room. The thought went wild. She just couldn't stop thinking about him. "Why cant I just tell him... I want him so badly..." melody said to herself.

An idea came in her head. Music! Melody picked up her laptop. She started the software for her music. " its been awhile... I hope I can still do this." Melody said to herself as she worked on a new project. The melody was very cute and high pitched. She worked long on the music. She worked really hard on it and was so the whole evening busy.

It was 12:00 am. Melody stopped with the music. She made 1 track. She called magical. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. Melody got scared, but slowly walked to the door. Who could this be... Melody thought. Melody looked through the little glass. It was max standing by the door.

Melody opened the door. " why are you up so late?" melody asked. " well... I just can't sleep... Wild thoughts in my head..." max said scratching his head. " I was just making something. You can join me here." Melody said letting him in. max walked in the room. "melody im still sorry for what I did..." max said being really sad. Melody looked at him with a smile. "come on max its no big deal... please relax will ya..." melody said as she went to the sofa. Max followed her and sits on the sofa. Melody sits against him. Max hold her tight. "melody... I love you..." max said to her. He had to let it go. Melody blushes and hold him tighter. She didn't knew what to say. Tears develop in her eyes. Max noticed it. "melody, are you okay?" max said as he hold her. "im f-fine..." melody said as the tears rolled over her face. "no, you aren't."max said with a serious tone. "I just don't know... I don't know what's with us... my feeling are all over the place..." melody said still crying. "don't be... lets just let take some time so we can think about it." Max said with a smile and hold her. "yes, lets do that." Melody said with a little yawn. Max turned on the tv. there was a movie playing about two octopuses in love. Melody slowly felt asleep. Max smiled and gave her a little kiss. Not long later max felt asleep too.

The next morning. The sun shined through the apartment of melody. This light woke melody up. "hu... what happened." Melody said as she see max on her sleep. Did she just slept with max? no way... melody thought. Melody softly kisses him. Max woke up. "oh hey melody. Morning!" max said to melody. "morning, max. did you slept well on me?" melody said laughing a little. "ah yes. Sleeping with someone is great." Max said with a smile.

"well I have to go right now. I have turf war practice in the morning after that meeting in the square?" melody said. "now already... but okay I see you there." Max said being annoyed. "im sorry." Melody said scratching her head. She got up quickly dressed. Max got up. "well I should be going too. Bye, melody! See you this afternoon." Max said as he left. "see you, max!" melody said as she left too.

Turf war practice was up. melody played with a hero roller. It was a lot of fun playing on these stage. There were a lot of people. This was probably for splatfest... melody played really well and got lots of splats and won lots of games. After the practice she went to the plaza.

Melody was a the square stretching her arms and legs. " what a beautiful day!" She said. She didn't noticed her friend was behind her. Max put his hands on her shoulders. " i agree with you melody!" He said with a smile. Melody screamed:" Max! Don't go up to me like that!" Max laughed at her. He loved her reaction. " i find it funny! Look at you!" He said. Melody looked kind of angry at him. Although she liked him, she also find him annoying. " you will get it back tho!" She said to him. Max laughed at her:" what are you going do?"

Melody pushed him against the wall. " oh! Im not gonna tell that! You will feel it!" She said with a grin. Max sweat a little being scared of what is going to happen. Melody pinned him against the wall. She came close to his face. Max closed his eyes and sweating a lot. Melody laughed. She saw he was scared. Finally she got him back! Melody quickly grabbed his collar. "Melody... I'm... Sorry" Max said being really scared. Melody grinned. She enjoyed this! Just that moment she kisses him on the lips. Max was shocked. Why would she do this? He thought.

Max kissed her back. Melody went all out with the kiss. Slowly trying to lay in a French kiss. Max followed her lead. Max slowly grabbed her waist and hold her tight. Whilst melody moved her hand to his shoulders. The two octopus made out for a long time.

Marina saw it happening. She was really happy that Mel finally got brave to do this. Marina decided to not ruin the situation and kept going with what she was doing. Not everyone was like her. There was this inkling boy named James. He was the cool boy of whole inkopolis. He was different from any other inkling. He has an weird hairstyle that looks like the hairstyle of the octolings. Besides that he also had a huge crush on melody, but he can't show it. It had to do with his status and it wasn't "cool" to have a girl. So of course he was really jealous.

The two octopuses stopped and looked at each other. "Hey! Stay away from her!" James said angry as he rolled up his sleeves. Melody looked to him. Melody hated him, because he always acted so fake. "Why would i?!" Max said angry. Also Max hated him. James was always there to make Max feel bad with everything. James grinned and pick up his dualies. " go away or i will kill you!" He said to him. Max was a little scared. He left his weapon at home. James pointed his dualies on Max.

Melody jumped in front of Max showing her octobrush nouveau. " go away and leave him alone!" Melody says raising her brush. She was ready to smack. James looked at her put the dualies away. " why would you date such stupid squid! Look at his hair and face! It looks so dumb! Haha! Im better than him, missy! " he said smirking. " you have the same hair and besides we are octolings! If you find his face weird you would think the same about me." She said still protecting Max. " octolings? Haha you have to be kidding me! You doesn't look like an octoling!" He said. Melody sight and she took off her beany. "what!! No way! " he said being shocked. Max Laughed and said:" are you serious? You didn't knew that? " melody laughed to. " octolings are evil! " James said. "Oh no... We are evil now... Max lets go this guy is evil himself. Who would ever like Him? I surely don't." She said that to attack him. Max nodded. James ran away. He was heartbroken.

"phew he is gone..." Melody said while sighting. " melody... Was that kiss... Uhm... For me... Because you like me?..." Max said being nervous. Melody blushed bright red. " yes..." she says being scared what he should say about it. "Melody... I love you. " he said as he kissed her. Melody smiled and hugged him.

"Lets come to my place. I wanna do something..." melody said. Max nodded as they walked to melody's apartment.