Chapter 21 - Storm

"Breaking a woman's heart is deeper than men realize. It destroys her outlook on love, breaks her heart, rips her self-esteem to shreds, tortures her mind, and damages her soul. Don't let her fall for you, unless you plan on picking her up."

Alejandro's POV

When I arrived at my company, Bruno was waiting for me in front of the building. As he saw my car, he approached my side and opened the door for me. I got out of the car and buttoned my suit jacket.

"Come with me." I commanded and walked into the building.

As soon as we walked into my office, I pulled out the CD out of my pocket and extended it towards Bruno.

"You know what to do with it." I stated in a bossy tone.

He grabbed it and looked at it, thinking. He cleared his throat and asked uncomfortably. "Umm...sir, are you sure?"

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Sorry. I will do it." He gave me an apologetic look and left.

I closed my eyes, breathing deeply and ran my hand through my hair. I placed my hand into my pocket and walked towards the window. The sky was gloomy. Probably, it would be raining. Such suitable weather for my mood. I mocked with my inner voice.

Suddenly, my phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I frowned, annoyed and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was Andrea again. I breathed deeply and declined the call again. Then I turned off my phone. I put it on my desk and sat down on my seat. I looked at my wrist watch nervously.

A few hours before the storm. I commented with my inner voice and sighed.

I frowned, annoyed and closed the lid of my computer angrily. I couldn't concentrate on work. I breathed deeply and stood up as I grabbed my phone. I put my phone into my pocket and walked out of my office.

"Cancel all my meetings for today." I ordered my assistant and walked towards the elevator in quick steps without waiting for her to say anything.

I went to my mansion which I had bought recently. A few people knew its address. So it was the best place to be alone without getting disturbed. I was planning to move in a few days because I didn't have so much time before. Maybe, it was the right time now.

The maid greeted me as soon as I walked in.

"Would you like something to drink or eat, sir?" She asked politely.

"Bring a glass of whiskey to the garden. I am going to swim." I ordered and went upstairs.

After changing my clothes, I grabbed my towel and phone and went to the garden. I threw the towel onto the sun lounger and turned on my phone. My phone started buzzing again and again. There were a lot of calls and messages from Andrea.

'Alejandro, why didn't you wake me up?'

'What happened? Are you okay?'

'Why don't you pick up my call? I am worried. Please, call me.'

I sighed sadly, running my hand through my hair and cursed under my breath.

I...I can't do it to Andrea. I just can't. I will find the other way to destroy Michael. Yes, I should stop Bruno before it gets late.

I instantly called Bruno without continuing reading the messages.

"Bruno, where are you?" I asked anxiously.

"Sir, it is done." He replied firmly.

"Done?" I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Yes, sir." He replied.

"Good." I mumbled, trying to control my voice and hung up my phone.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

I placed my phone on the side table, running my hand through my hair angrily as the maid approached me. I took the glass and drank it in a sip. I placed the glass down on the side table and jumped into the swimming pool.

I was swimming fast while thinking. As much as I tried to stop myself from thinking, I failed again and again.

An hour later, my phone started ringing again and again. Probably, they were journalists. I ignored them and swam underwater.

After swimming for a few hours, I felt tired. When I pulled my head out of the water, I saw Cedric beside the swimming pool, his hands in his pockets, a hard expression on his face.

"Did you do it?" He asked furiously.

"What?" I asked nonchalantly as I got out of the swimming pool and grabbed my towel.

He raised his eyebrow, giving me a knowing look and replied sarcastically. "The leaked video? I don't think I need to say what the video is about."

"I don't understand what you are talking about." I lied with a blank expression and dried my hair and body.

He frowned, annoyed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He tapped something on it and showed me the video.

"Your steamy making love to Andrea video." He commented between gritted teeth. "Do you want me to inform you about the headlines as well? Does the well-known businessman, Michael Brandon use his own daughter for trapping eligible bachelors? Does Michael Brandon blackmail wealthy heirs with her daughter?" He stated in sarcasm. "Do you want me to continue?" He snapped. "Alejandro, is it you?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

I frowned and ran my hand through my hair.

"No, of course not. Why should I do it? I am in the video as well. Why would I do it to myself? It is bad for my reputation as well."

Cedric looked at me, unconvinced. He breathed deeply, closing his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at me in astonishment.

"Yes. Because of it, you wanted me to add that clause in the contract. You know if they see this news, they will annul it." He commented in disbelief.

"I don't understand what you are talking about." I said nonchalantly and walked into the living room as I grabbed my phone.

"Alejandro!" Cedric snapped in frustration as he followed me.

I sighed, stopping walking and turned around. He looked at me with a dark expression while waiting for me to say something.

I breathed deeply and admitted. "Yes, it was me. I planned it to destroy Michael's plans about Jacobo and Andrea as well as his reputation."

"As well as hers." He added, clenching his fist.

I rolled my eyes and breathed deeply.

"Children pay a price for their parents' mistakes." I commented nonchalantly and looked away as sadness crossed my features.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Why do you hurt her? Don't you love her anymore?" He asked in curiosity, looking into my eyes. I looked away without replying. "It is hard for me to believe because you two were different...You were... I don't know how to describe the thing between you two. The bond between you and Andrea was so strong. You were...umm... Alejandro and Andrea. The golden couple. Match made in heaven, or..." He stated sadly and shook his shoulders. "Do you understand me?"