Chapter 23: "You're The Best Sister Ever!"

status: unedited

status: unedited

dedicated to all my ibfs; whether or not you guys are still active, or if you don't reciprocate my friendship, or even if you don't read this book, I love y'all: -sunflxwerz Todoroddi aimee015678 Klaus_Hargreeves melodyismine softhargreeves unhoelyrogers

also, five looks mad cute in that gif and super hot 🥵🥵

▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎

Five

My eyes flutter open slowly and I exhale a calm breath. My hand is wrapped around Y/N's waist and we are both cuddled up together. Her h/cd h/c hair is covering her eyes, and I tuck the flyaway strands behind her ear before kissing her forehead gently.

It feels so perfect, the two of us cuddled up on a sofa on a relaxed Sunday morning. I just want to stay like this forever, safe in each other's warm embrace.

Sadly, the danger of the impending apocalypse prevents me from doing so.

With a sigh, I nuzzle Y/N's neck and pull her close to me. The flowery scent of her shampoo fills my nose and it takes every part of me to will myself to move away.

I stand up and stretch once before turning my gaze back to Y/N. Appreciating the way the soft morning light bathes her stunning facial features, I press a final kiss to her lotus lips and mumble "I'm so sorry that I have to leave, Y/N. But it's just far too dangerous for you to come with me, and I'd never be able to forgive myself if you got hurt."

I watch the first signs of wakefulness caress her as she begins to stir, wrench my focus from her and teleport away.

Y/N

I snap out of my slumber, my breath coming in short, fast heaves. The minute I open my eyes, I wish I hadn't. A headache that feels like a million hammers banging the inside of my brain is rattling my skull. Why am I hungover? I don't even remember drinking that much.

Vanya walks out of her bedroom and smiles cheerily at me "Good morning, Y/N!" I'm about to reply when suddenly, I feel my stomach hurling. Holding up a finger, I rush to the washroom before emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Vanya runs in after me and holds my hair away from my face while massaging my back gently. She mutters "Who told you to drink so much yesterday?" In between retching, I manage to cough out "I was facing emotional distress! And I was extremely sleepy! The alcohol was the closest comforter!" She groans "Just concentrate on throwing up for now."