14

Breakfast was quiet, as it had been for a while now. I was starting to not only not stand my friends but myself. We looked pitiful just sitting in silence just trying to get through every day. I looked up just in time to see an encounter that worried me. Katie Bell stood staring at Draco, Harry looking back and forth between the two and Draco looking a mess. Draco booked it before I could get up. Harry Potter followed him out of the Great Hall.

"Should I..." I trailed off watching the two boys practically run away knowing all my friends had equally just seen the strange moment.

"Draco is a big boy. He can take care of himself." Pansy said with an eye roll.

Pansy and I's relationship has started to deteriorate in the last few days. At one time we used to talk about everything, and nothing was off-limits. Now our friendship was filled with secrets. I felt bad because it was all on me. I had been planning on talking with her, but I was worried. The thought of confronting her was causing me so much anxiety. I wasn't sure what was leaving me anxious, but I felt like us pretending nothing was wrong was better than never talking to her again.

I nodded leaving whatever Potter was going to say to Draco. They could take care of themselves I told myself. It's a school, I doubt they'll kill each other. There are teachers littering the place. They wouldn't let them kill each other surly.

"You really got to stop worrying about Draco," Goyle added

"I didn't ask for your opinion," I answered in a snarky tone. I was tired of people telling me how to feel or what to do. In a split second, I decided I needed to see what was happening between my brother and my boyfriend. I got up, collecting my bag ignoring the full plate of food that was left and my friends snickering.

"Where are you going?" Blaise asked concerned.

"Does it really matter?" I asked over my shoulder making my way out of the Great Hall.

I had no idea where the two boys went but they couldn't have gone far. I started walking aimlessly trying to find any signs that the two had been there. I heard some commotion coming from the boy's bathroom. I ignored it at first thinking it was just a couple of first years fooling around but the more intense the noise got the more I was worried.

It wasn't until I heard a cry. Not just any crying but the crying of deep pain and panic that I started to run towards the bathroom. It felt like time had slowed down and every step towards the bathroom I took the further away I was. I was being bombarded with thoughts from Draco. I wasn't sure if it was willingly, but he was showing me that he was hurt. I ran as quickly as my legs could take me pushing past students.

I threw up the bathroom door revealing water almost an inch high. I splashed across the bathroom towards Draco. He was laying on the floor blood flowing from his chest. I threw myself to the ground the stinging in my knees from the fall was barely a concern. All I cared about was helping Draco.

"What did you do to him?!" I screeched up to the figure standing close by. Potter was trembling in fear.

"I don't know." His voice barely coming out.

"What do you mean you don't know!" I whipped my head up to see him.

I was trying to stop the blood but the more I put pressure the more he bled. I could see him fading. The less he cried out in pain the more I panicked.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay," I whispered to him as I took out my wand. Before any spell could come off my lips Snape rushed in. He pushed me aside and I fell in more water soaking me. He quickly started curing Draco as Potter and I watched in fear.