32. RECONNECTION

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
[RECONNECTION]

"It will take every bone in my body not to break his arms with my mind

"It will take every bone in my body not to break his arms with my mind." Kai says in a sing-songy tune as him and Molly trudge their way to the front porch of the Lockwood mansion. Molly gives Kai an annoyed face and he sends her a smile.

Molly stared at the white door, that was illuminated by the single porch light hung above their heads as the night sky surrounded the rest of the home.

She could easily just use her spare key to get inside, but she knew she wasn't welcome here like she used to be.

"He probably isn't here, let's go get sushi." Kai says as Molly hesitantly stood towards the door.

"You're not making me feel any better about this." She says, not looking away from the door.

Kai frowned a bit. "Sorry." He spoke. Sometimes humor wasn't what someone needed to hear— he learned that after he merged with Luke. No wonder everyone hated him beforehand.

"We need to do this." Molly says, not sure whether or not she was trying to convince Kai or herself. She brings her shaky hand to knock on the door.

Kai clenches his jaw, knowing they couldn't leave now.

Hearing Tyler's footsteps approach the door made a pit grow in Molly's stomach as all of that anger came back— that feeling when she saw Kai all beat up by him.

Kai immediately sensed her discomfort, and he brought his hand up to intertwine with hers, and she felt all of that anger wash away at his touch.

The door opened, and you could see the exact moment Tyler realized who was standing on his porch.Molly had rehearsed what she was going to say, but of course she'd completely forgotten it.

"We need to talk." Molly says.

Tyler glances at Kai, then back to Molly. "Why is he here?"

Molly took a deep breath. "Because he's apart of my life now." She raised her eyebrows. "Do you think you can control yourself for ten minutes to have a mature conversation?"

Tyler clenched his jaw, mentally arguing with himself. "Fine." He spoke after a bit. He opened the door further, and Kai and Molly exchanged quick glances before stepping inside.

Tyler brings his hand up and grabs Kai's shoulder as he walked past him. "It's in your best interest to leave her alone." Tyler whispered. "I'm not warning you again."

Kai watched as Molly walked into the living room before turning to Tyler. "What are you gonna do? Punch me again?" Kai whispered back. "I don't have to be a witch to kill you before you can even blink."

The two stared intensely at each other before Kai gives him a forced smile and pushes past him to wherever Molly just went.
Molly fidgeted with her hands as she watched Tyler join them in the living room.