|41|~The Golden Chosen~

Unedited.
Embry POV.
Claire in media.

My neck hurts. What happened? I open my eyes to an unfamiliar room. It's a beautiful bare room, beauteous in every way. The problem is that I have no clue how I got here or better yet who put me inside here and that is strange.

I feel as clueless as that pup back at the Northern Pack House that always points the TV remote at the old microwave. Yup! I feel that clueless.

Plus, I can't feel my wolf's presence but I know that she's there. She must be still sleeping. I attempt to wake her up but no matter how hard I try she doesn't budge. She is out for the count.

Okay, so I guess I'm on my on for now. About a second later, my eyes begin to explore my surroundings.

The first thing that captures my eyes is the window. The floor-to-ceiling window mostly stretches out across the entire room, providing a clear and perfect view of a mountain top that's drenched in fresh crystal white snow. Other than that the room is pretty much bare.

It is spacious and the bed that I'm now lying on is massive with an all white comforter set and matching all white sheets. The walls are nude and also bare. There is also a small table with a lamp and two dark plaid tub chairs that separates the bed from the window but that's it.

There is nothing inside of this room that can help me identity where I am or who put me in it and for some strange reason I don't feel bother by it. In fact, I feel well rested and regenerated, like I just experienced the best sleep ever besides the kink that is on the side of my neck. I'm fine.

With that thought, I roll over and then silently stare out of the window. The view from here is breathtaking.

The night is young so you can still see the brief evidence of daylight, which is a light shade of pink haunted by a violent shade of lavender and violet and outlined with a dark shade of deep sea blue. The colors swirl in unison, presenting an extraordinary background and the diamond like stars plus the glimpse of a soon to be full moon adds to its beauty.

It's beautiful.

This place is magically peaceful. I continue to stare out of the window for a long while, suddenly feeling rather tired until my overly sensitive ears picks up on a bit of commotion on the other side of the door. This awakens my wolf.

"Embry," growls my wolf from within. "Get the hell up, now. That so called mate of ours got inside of your head after that crazy ass vampire snapped our neck,"

"What," I say, jumping from out of the bed in the exact same moment that an unfamiliar scent hit's me hard and strong.

My nostrils flare widely as I take it in. It's a sweet smell of milk and honey but it's tainted with the very distinctive scent of burning cedar wood and expensive cologne floats from underneath the closed door. That scent. I know that scent.

I mean the milk and honey smell is unfamiliar but the later one is kinda familiar though I can't put my finger on it.

Not even a second goes by before the door goes flying open and my hazel eyes lock with someone's green eyes.

A human, judging by the smell of her.

"That human," growls my wolf as she begins to take control.

"What human," I question her because I'm almost certain that I have never met this girl before.

"The human that was drenched in blood and lying lifeless inside the arms of the vampire who came storming in alongside of the vampire that snapped our neck," she reminds me and then suddenly it all comes back. The force claim that our mate attempted.... The dispute..... The chase down and then boom, the snap of my neck.