Spencer

I wake up early before Allie does, and take a shower. I put on underwear and a hotel robe before making a pot of coffee.

I hear Allie mumbling something and head back into the bedroom to see that she's still sound asleep. She must be talking in her sleep. She's done it before. It's even woken me up in the middle of the night a few times.

The few words that I can make out all revolve around one subject.

'Marry', 'married'... then, there was a 'Spence' in the midst of those words.

She's having dreams about getting married. Good dreams, I hope.

I take a seat on the loveseat that sits up against the window in the bedroom and dial the number for room service on the hotel phone.

Just as I finish up ordering breakfast for us, I see Allie turn over and look at me with tired eyes.

"Hey, honey," I smile at her, setting the phone back down on the side table. "Have any dreams?"

Allie nods and sits up in the bed, taking a pillow with her and hugging it to her chest. "Yeah. Really, really vivid ones."

I get up and walk over to the bed, laying down with my head in her lap. "Bad vivid?"

She combs her fingers through my hair and shakes her head. "No, it wasn't a bad dream. It was about getting married and... it was a really happy dream."

"So, tell me about it."

My fiancé blushes and blows a laugh through her nose. "You're gonna laugh at me."

"No," I smile up at her. "Why would I?"

"We got married here, just you and me. At one of the Vegas wedding chapels," She shakes her head. "It was a nice one, though, not some rinky-dink place with an Elvis impersonator."

"How did I look?"

She laughs and rolls her eyes. "Handsome, Spence. Very handsome."

"Mhm, as usual," I smile, closing my eyes and letting out a happy sigh.

"You're so cocky," Allie scoffs. I just know she's rolling her eyes again.

I open up my eyes and look up at the girl. "Is that something you'd want to do? Get married while we're out here?"

The girl giggles and I see a blush sweep across her cheeks. "I... I mean, yeah. But it's your wedding, too. We shouldn't have it here just because I'm down for it."

"Well, would you rather have a wedding and reception with everyone back home... or one with just you and me?" I sit up and face Allie.

She looks down at her hands in her lap and shakes her head. "I don't know. It doesn't really matter to me."

"Why doesn't it matter? Haven't you thought about it?"

She laughs. "That's the problem. I've been thinking about it since I was a kid. I've had every aspect of my wedding planned since I was in fifth grade. Then... everyone I had in life went away. So, whether we get married in Vegas or have a big wedding back home..." I see some tears build up in Allie's eyes. "My side of the chapel is gonna be empty. That's why."

I scoot over so that I'm sitting right next to her and she doesn't waste any time before resting her head on my shoulder.

I put my arm around her and she snuggles up to me.

"So, let's do it. No one else, just you and me."

"That's not what you want, is it?" She pulls away slightly and looks up at me. "I feel like... Spencer Reid would want a big wedding with all of his friends and family."