Family

Rebecca woke up the day of the party because she was feeling uncomfortable. She was used to feeling comfortable most of the time lately. The last few weeks, she had gotten even bigger. She was sleeping less and less because of the discomfort. Vincent had tried to help. He rubbed her back before she laid down and her foot massage started the moment her feet hit the pillow every night. He said nothing when she spent the night flipping and flopping just moved with her. When she finally had enough of trying, which was usually very early morning, he would get up with her. Filling the bathtub with warm water and relaxing oils that he had made sure were safe for her, he would help her in before he went to go make her breakfast. After helping her out of the tub and feeding her, he would rub whatever part of her body ached until she would fall asleep.

She decided that she would get up and help Vincent today. It was a big day and of all days he deserved to be treated like he treated her every day. He wouldn't take a bath, she tried to get him to join her several times but he always refused, telling her that bathes were for women. She could make him his breakfast and coffee though. She slowly eased herself out of bed. It wasn't easy and when her feet finally hit the bed, she heard Vincent move which caused her to freeze. When she was sure he wasn't awake, she let out the breath she had been holding. She didn't waste time putting clothes on her robe over the shirt of Vincent's that she wore to bed would be fine. She would have to put her gown on later and dressing herself took a lot of energy so, she didn't see the point in getting dressed until then.

She made her way to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee before starting on his bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Vincent walked in as she finished plating his food. "Damn it," she sighed when she saw him standing in front of her. "I wanted to bring you breakfast in bed." Vincent laughed as he walked toward her.

"Thank you, Amore," he kissed her on the cheek and took the plate from her hands. "You didn't have to do this," he sat at the breakfast table. Rebecca poured his coffee before sitting down across from him.

"I wanted to," she shrugged.

"Where's yours?" He stopped eating when he noticed she wasn't doing the same.

"I'm not hungry," she smiled.

"Nope. Not happening," he shook his head. "Our children need to eat." Rebecca could tell that he wasn't happy and that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Fine I'll eat, a little," she got up and made a plate. Vincent went back to eating.

"We have a long day ahead of us and I need you to take it easy," he told her when she sat back down at the table with him. Rebecca nodded. She knew that he was stressed and the last thing he needed was her not feeling well or being too tired to make it through the party. She wouldn't mess this day up for him. "This was amazing, Rebecca," he stood up and walked to the sink. "I'm going to shower," he kissed her cheek. "Feel free to join me." Rebecca laughed and shook her head but got up to follow him anyway.

Rebecca spent the rest of the day trying to get Vincent to relax with not much success. He was too busy thinking about what the end of the day was to bring. The family may have stopped fight against him taking over publicly but he knew there was still the off chance that someone wouldn't want him in charge. "Why are you not as nervous as I am?" He asked Rebecca as he tied his tie. Rebecca was standing in the bathroom curling her hair but he heard her laugh at his question.

"Why are you nervous?" She asked as she finished her hair and walked out of the bathroom. "You have been preparing for this day since you were born," she stopped on her way to the closet and adjusted his tie. She kissed his lips and continued to the closet. "Everything will be fine. And next time I spend the day trying to get you to relax, listen to me." Vincent took a deep breath.