Cane

Axel's POV

Hazel frowns at me, seeing the cane in my hand. "Come here, Doll," I call softly. She hesitates, but crawls over.

She has a hurt look on her face and my insides churn, knowing it's because of me. I should have just taken care of the situation when it happened instead of postponing punishment—that or I should have warned her.

She gets up on the bed, eyeing the cane in my hand wearily. I hold my hand out to her, setting the cane down on the bed. Her eyes follow the cane instead of my hand. I pull her over, so she's kneeling on the edge of the bed.

I rub the sides of her arms with my palms, drawing her attention to me. "You know you gave me a big scare today," I tell her.

"You said you forgave me," Hazel whimpers.

"I do forgive you. I'm not doing this out of anger, or spite, or vengeance. I'm doing this because I don't ever want you to forget and get up on the counter again when you're alone," I tell her calmly.

"I won't forget."

"I know, and I'm making sure." She recoils away from my touch. It hurts to see her do that, but I don't blame her. She knows I'm going to be the one causing her pain.

She looks at me as if I am betraying her.

"Come back," I command calmly.

"You're just going to hurt me," Hazel she and I bite my lip. I don't like her disobedience, but I don't think I'd listen if someone was going to hurt me either.

"Not right now. We are just talking right now," I assure her.

She whines, but let's me pull her back to where she was. "You're only getting five with the cane and then it's all over." I won't even be hitting her that hard, just enough to give her a reminder next time she goes climbing on counters when she's home alone."Are you being punished?"

"Yes," she answers, her bottom lip jutting out.

"No you're not. This isn't a punishment. You haven't broken any rules. I'm doing this because I love you and I don't want you to put yourself in danger like that again," I explain softly.

She sniffles, glancing over at the cane I set out on the bed.

"You'll be okay...Can I give you a kiss?" She nods and I wrap my hand around her bottom. I press my lips to hers in a delicate peck before I go and kiss her forehead.

She sniffles and I hold her in my arms for a minute, patting her bottom gently to comfort her. "I love you, Hazel," I remind her.

"I love you too, Master," Hazel says.

I kiss her forehead again before directing her to lay down. "It won't be bad." I put pillows under hips. I'd have her bend over the bed, but I know she can't stand for that long.

I run my hand over her bottom, massaging her globes in my palm. She jumps at my touch, thinking it's the cane at first.

"Only five. I'll count." She fists the covers of her bed in her palms, looking back over her shoulder at me.

I tap her bottom with the cane for a few seconds, taking my time to carefully aim. My first strike lands perfectly across the center of both cheeks.

Her bottom flexes and she pushes her pelvis into the pillows beneath her. I run my hand over her bottom, trying to soothe the initial sting.

I think she's crying quietly, but to be honest, that's okay. A little pain she can take. This is supposed to be a little painful, she won't remember anyway else.