Chapter six: Drunken thoughts

Lucifer found himself growing increasingly bored. He had always been hard to entertain for longer periods of time but the mere thought of making a deal with an innocent, kept him from running his mouth or being impolite. In other words, he was being a gentleman but Jeremy knew he had to be careful. Making a deal with the devil had never ended well but he also knew that he was stuck in the Underworld with no means of escape. After all, he was fairly certain that he was dead now.

With that in mind, Jeremy thought closely on what he wanted in this deal and finally made his decision. "I want to go back to Earth," he started. Disappointment flooded his entire body when Lucifer immediately began shaking his head no. The boy sighed in despair, "Can I at least go back to watch my funeral?" It was a great opportunity; he'd see his family one last time, and right now that was all he cared about. The devil's face remained passive before he slowly nodded, "In return you stay in Hell and live with me." Jeremy thought about it. He couldn't leave Hell anyway and Lucifer seemed like an all right guy, despite his generally dark vibe that surrounds him, demanding respect.

"Deal." With that, they shook hands and a warmth travelled from the palm of Jeremy's hand, enclosed with Lucifer's, and up his arm until it rested in his heart and disappeared, leaving him feeling oddly cold. The deal was now finalised, never to be broken.

However Jeremy hadn't realised that he had now become Lucifer's possession. A broad smile stretched across Lucifer's face, "Let's celebrate." The man walked around his desk to a small wooden table with a bottle of whiskey on. He grabbed the bottle and two glasses, and doubt began flooding Jeremy's bones. Drinking? "Uhm, I'm not allowed to drink, I'm still underage." A small blush covered his cheeks as he spoke and it deepened when Lucifer's laughter filled the room. "Those rules don't apply anymore." Jeremy nodded shyly. Of course he had had alcohol before but never enough to get drunk, and he'd also been in a safe environment with his family. Now he was alone with a strange man who always had a glint in his eyes, telling him that he needed to be careful no matter how nice and polite the devil may appear.

The devil filled the two glasses with alcohol. "Drink," he all but commanded. With a slight tremble of uncertainty, Jeremy grabbed the glass and brought it up to his lips in a hesitating manner. The man sighed with impatience and put two fingers below the glass's bottom and urged the liquid to flow into his mouth.

Jeremy's taste buds suddenly got assaulted with the burning taste, causing him to lightly choke. Lucifer shushed him and continued pouring the drink down his throat until the glass had gotten completely empty, "Good boy." Jeremy took a deep breath to get air back into his lunges when the man stepped back and filled his glass up again. "Let's have some fun, we're celebrating our deal, isn't that right?" He grinned. Slowly, Jeremy nodded and whispered, "Yeah." Lucifer's smile got impossibly larger, "Well, let's play a game then!"

Lucifer cleared his desk to play beer pong but filled the cups with whiskey instead of beer. Jeremy's eyes grew wide and he was about to question him, when the man answered his thoughts, "Beer tastes like piss so whiskey and vodka is all I have but we're just sticking to this baby here tonight." He gestured to the expensive bottle of whiskey that he'd, unsurprisingly, never heard the name of before. Lucifer rummaged through a compartment that Jeremy couldn't see from his position, before pulled out a small white ping-pong ball with an 'aha'. Jeremy couldn't help but smile a little at his enthusiasm, already feeling a little giddy from the glass he drank previously.

"I know the rules. I'll start," Jeremy stated and stood to the one end of the table while Lucifer went to the other. He licked his lips in anticipation and watched as the boy grabbed the small ball and clutched it tightly in his fist. The human took a calming breath to steady his aim and threw the ball. With a small 'clink' it hit the insides of the glasses, successfully landing in the drink, "Ha! Beat that!" He exclaimed. "Oh I'm planning on it," he smirked in reply. Jeremy had always had an impeccable aim and right now it came in handy as he watched Lucifer down his glass. Lucifer wiped his mouth when he finished, the corners of his lips twitching as he picked the ball up and threw it without even taking time to aim. It landed perfectly into a glass and Jeremy held in a barely contained scowl. The whiskey burned in his mouth as he downed the glass in a fast motion, set on winning over the devil.