Chapter 27 - Unbearable feelings

"It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can't live without you."

Alejandro's POV

I looked at her, stunned as my heart sunk. I couldn't hold myself, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"So I will not let you give Andrea more pain. Stay away from my friend!" She warned firmly and stormed out without letting me say anything.

I watched her leave without moving for an inch. I felt numb. It was unbearable. I lost my baby. My baby. These sentences repeated in my mind.

I leaned my hand on the wall for support as I didn't feel well. I loosened my tie and opened two buttons of my shirt as I couldn't breathe properly. I placed my hand on my chest, breathing deeply while tears were running down my cheeks.

Suddenly, I noticed someone in the conference room. When I lifted my head up, I saw Michael. He was staring at me in shock.

I gritted my teeth as I straightened and looked into his eyes in irritation. It was because of him. Because of him, I lost my father and baby. I was holding myself hard not to kill him with my bare hands right now, but he could wait. Now I had to talk to Andrea.

I stormed out and got in my car. I started the car and drove away. I tightened my grip around the steering wheel while driving faster. Suddenly, I remembered the white shoes I saw in her penthouse. When she saw the shoes, she looked at the shoes sadly. Oh my...They were our baby's shoes. She bought it for our little one. I closed my eyes for a second and breathed deeply. I hit the steering wheel as my eyes welled up, and I accelerated my pace, leaving dust behind me.

I knocked at the door again, but Andrea didn't open the door.

"Andrea, please. Open the door! We need to talk." I begged as I knocked on the door, but she didn't open it again.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called her. I heard her phone ring through the door, but she didn't pick up the phone.

"Andrea!" I shouted, knocking on the door.

I was getting worried. I had been knocking on the door or calling her, but there was no voice from her. Something happened to her. There was a bad feeling inside me. So I decided to break in. I pulled a few steps back and kicked the door with all my strength. After a few kicks, finally, I was inside.

"Andrea! Andrea!" I shouted, searching for Andrea, but she was nowhere. "Andrea! Are you here?" I shouted and went to the kitchen.

My eyes widened as I saw Andrea lying on the floor unconscious. There was a drug container and a few pills beside her. Her face was pale. I gulped in fear and rushed towards her.

"Andrea!" I called her in panic as I placed her head on my thigh and stroked her hair gently. "No! No! Open your eyes, cariño." I begged, crying as I tapped her cheek softly and checked her pulse; her pulse was weak.

I had to take her to the hospital as soon as possible. I grabbed the pill container and scooped her up in my arms quickly. I carried her to my car fast.

I placed her on the back seat of my car and got in my car. I started the car and drove away, leaving a dusk behind me. I checked her in the rearview mirror time by time while driving like hell. She was still unconscious.

"No! I can't lose you too. Please, don't leave me. I can't bear if I lose you too." I begged, looking at her in the rearview mirror while tears ran down my cheeks.

I parked my car in front of the hospital and got out of the car quickly. I rushed to her side and opened the door. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her into the hospital.

"Help!" I shouted as I walked inside.

The nurses and doctor approached us, bringing the stretcher. I placed Andrea on the stretcher and pulled the drug container out of my pocket.

"She took them." I informed as I extended the pill container towards the doctor. "Please, save her." I begged, crying and held Andrea's hand tightly.

"Don't worry, sir. We will do everything to save her." The doctor assured me as they took Andrea towards the emergency room.

I was pacing back and forth in front of the room while the doctor was trying to help my Andrea. I felt frightened. I couldn't lose her. I couldn't. I loved her so much. If something happened to her, I couldn't live anymore.

The memories from the past replayed in my head. The cold hospital hallway. The noises of cries. The unbearable pain. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes and leaned my forehead against the wall, taking deep breaths as I felt I couldn't breathe anymore.

"Damn it!" I cursed and slammed my fist on the wall.

I sat down on the seat and held my head between my hands, ignoring pain in my hand.

"Please, mi tesero. Please, don't leave me. I know I hurt you, but don't leave me, please. I love you so much. I can not live without you. I can't." I pleaded in desperation while crying.

Suddenly, the door opened and the doctor walked out. I stood up quickly and rushed towards him.

"How is she?" I asked, frightened.

"Don't worry. She is fine. Fortunately, you brought her here in time. We pumped her stomach. Everything passed." He replied, giving me a smile.

"Thank you. Thank you." I said happily and hugged him. I felt relieved. "May I see her?" I asked, giving him a begging look. He nodded, smiling.

I smiled happily and rushed into her room. Andrea was laying on the bed, her eyes closed. I approached her and held her hand in my hands. I brought her hand to my lips and placed a soft kiss on her hand. Then I leaned her hand on my cheek, breathing deeply in relief. I smiled slightly and stroked her hair gently and kissed her forehead as I leaned over her.