Bonus chapter - Halloween

Nobody's POV

"Now, I certainly wasn't expecting this," Y/N thought to himself in silence. The bright sun wavered its light above through the grey clouds, it was a furtile gesture in warming the place. December drew near and temperatures were dropping in preparation for winter. He briefly warmed himself by rubbing his hands together and blowing on them. Prehaps it hadn't been such a good idea to go running out in short-sleeves.

Speed walking, while sprinting the last distance, he entered the mall and was gladly relieved by the sudden warming of indoor's temperature. He was out on a grocery errand to pick up ingredients Marina had comissioned him to get.

Timeskip- To grocery shop

(insert image)

"Let's see, some all-purpose flour, vanilla frosting, cresent dough sheets, pepperoni slices, mozzerella cheese, and...does she have pizza sauce?" he muttered aloud as he pulled targets of the shelf in various sections. "Damn, this...is heavy, thatnk god I thought of bringing a trolley."

Dropping the last bag of all 4kg purpose flour into the trolley, he briefly worried that the thing might give away given how old it looked. The trolley itself was already filled to the brim, from chocolate chips to rows of cardboard-secured eggs, he certainly thought of it a little too excessive for a supposed "small" halloween party. But then again, it was Marina that was in charge.

"I wonder if I should dress up," was the thought that briefly crossed his mind. WHile halloween was certainly a mojor event in western records, and he would very much classify himself as more western than eastern, he had embarrassingly never gone trick-or-treating. It just wasn't in the young boy's blood to do so, however, that didn't make him any less curious about what people would do outside his house other than prance around in superhero costumes in a quest for sugar rush.

It seemed to be almost no different here in Japan, on his way here, much shops had indulged in the change of theme to match the event. Costume shops displayed their impressive prices with proud neon-eye catching signs...they certainly had no shortage of costumers. He had passedinto a conversation where a young girl (he guessed seven) was trying to convince her mother to drop a couple hundred yen for a princess costume so she could go trick-or-treating. It was a similar case in most parts of the mall.

When conciousness returned him, he was already in que for the cashier to scan the items. He clearly stood out because of the sheer amount that he was hauling back (most people in the thirty-man line where only holding a packet of sweets or two).

Timeskip- Outside

"Alright, I should start asking for seasonal raises," he grunted aloud in response to the four 6kg bags he was hauling around, each was barely three centimeters above ground.

"Hey! Need some help?

"Hmm?" he inquired, pivoting around so quickly that he worried that he might accidentally send the bags flying. 

"Hi, Y/N-san!" Kokoro greeted him excitedly. "What are you doing?"

"Carrying a load," he replied, "you?"

"Running from mall to mall to look for the "prefect" costume," Misaki said, appering behind Kokoro in an exhausted sprint. "Aha...wait, next time."

"Sorry, MIsaki-san!" Kokoro exclaimed, turning aorund to face the sweating-hooded girl. "It's just that I spotted Y/N-san here and I couldn't help myself but to meet him!"

"Yeah...still not an exc-" Misaki cut herself off as she mentally replayed Kokoro's words. "W-Wait! Y-Y/N-san?"

"That be me," he responded, smiling kindly. "How ae you?"